What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You had that bottle laying around for 3+ years?

Yeah. A neighbor who is originally from Kentucky brought it. I thought maybe we'd have a good occasion to enjoy it together, but that opportunity just hasn't come up.

Started rearranging my basement, which included a wine realignment on the floor. Someday I'll hopefully get some shelves made to get all of this wine off the concrete floor. For now, it's more organized and my wifey can find what she likes to drink and give away. I noticed I had quite a bit of Syrah (30 750 ml bottles), so took one upstairs and opened it up to air a bit (only about 22 mos old, just a child). With alot of time to breathe it opened up and was a very drinkable wine for being so young, though a bit on the lite side (a juice bucket with a lug 'o grapes, what'd I expect). Nice peppery notes along with some oak (8 Xoakers Am M+). Staying home tomorrow as the youngest has a doozy of a cold, so hopefully I'll get some more basement work done and will be able to enjoy the rest of the Syrah bottle (trying not to start until after noon).

2-24-19_wine.jpg

53062436_2125913064165087_4760952538738458624_n.jpg

Where did you get a bucket of French Syrah?
Only label I could find at the LHBS, it was a Chilean bucket with a lug 'o grapes.

I must have enjoyed it because there was about a shot glass worth left over in the bottle when I went to get a glass the next afternoon. Wondered why it was tougher than normal to get out of bed on Monday.

2012 vintage of a $19 bottle of (2nd label) wine that is from the H3 AVA that still needs 45 mins of air time to soften the tannins and open up and then it screams through the evening Sunday dinner of leftover smoked meats.........

Priceless!

IMG_3976.JPG

Popped a bottle of my 2014 Chilean Cab/Merlot. 50/50 field blend that has come around pretty nicely - especially for my second batch of all grape wine.

Latest posts

Back