What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, it's so much fun. Just got back from the supermarket. Other than a few clerks, only counted two other brave souls in the aisles. Lot's of fallen and broken trees everywhere. That bottle of Zin needs a nice steak to go with it. Mission accomplished.

Last night for dinner at our favorite byo, we picked up a 2015 Glenelly Glass Collection Cab Sauv. They had a closeout (what the People’s Republic of Pennsylvania call a “Chairman’s Selection) for $10.99.

I didn’t realize at first where it was from. But, it proved to be a very competent wine - never had a South Africa wine before. Dark, with French medium toast oak. Coffee, vanilla, blackcurrent and stewed cherry. A very little hint of cigar box and lead pencil. A good deal on very good pizza wine.

Tonight we'll be sharing a bottle of 2016 WE Eclipse Old Vine Zinfandel - had the first bottle on Christmas Day and it was great. I expect the same or better tonight. We're in the middle of one of the biggest snow storms in recent Seattle history. We're hunkered in...

That is the BEST way to enjoy wine, I think, especially if the next day is one off work. We do not get many snow days in my part of the nation, but when we do, I try to make good use of them.

Picked up 3 of these last Fall IIRC. Opened the first one last night. Holy Cow. This drinks like a $25-30 bottle and only cost $13. 70% Syrah, 30% Grenache. 14.5% ABV. Flat out amazing food friendly wine to say the least. WA rated it 94pts. I would give it 91-92. Really good juice. 5 Star QPR for sure.

1103112.jpg

Yes, from Full Pull in Seattle. You might find it on wine.com or perhaps Total Wine. The importer does list Purple feet Wines in WI as a distributer in your State. I think the 2015 is long sold out but the 2016 might be out now or will be very soon.

Sounds good! Do you recall where you got it?

Yes, from Full Pull in Seattle. You might find it on wine.com or perhaps Total Wine. The importer does list Purple feet Wines in WI as a distributer in your State. I think the 2015 is long sold out but the 2016 might be out now or will be very soon.

From Total Wine:

DOMAINE LAFAGE BASTIDE MIRAFLORS
750ML
$18.99
We could not find this item at Greenfield, WI. But we found it at Kennesaw, GA.

Well that is not helpful!

Thanks for the Purple Feet tip. However, their website doesn't seem to have that brand anywhere....

We are going to make a quick run to Santa fe today. They have it listed in NM by SWS (Southwest Wine & Spirits) I have two really good possibilities that might have it on hand. They have a TW in Santa fe but it is not in stock according to the website. I don't like the TW price but at least no shipping!

From Total Wine:
Well that is not helpful!
Thanks for the Purple Feet tip. However, their website doesn't seem to have that brand anywhere....

We are going to make a quick run to Santa fe today. They have it listed in NM by SWS (Southwest Wine & Spirits) I have two really good possibilities that might have it on hand. They have a TW in Santa fe but it is not in stock according to the website. I don't like the TW price but at least no shipping!

I have a TW gift card burning a hole in my pocket, but I'd have to go to Alpharetta, Georgia to get it and it'd be $19.

I struck out in SF today but it was still fun going to 4 wine stores in one afternoon! I will be keeping an eye on this wine for the 2016 version for sure!

I have a TW gift card burning a hole in my pocket, but I'd have to go to Alpharetta, Georgia to get it and it'd be $19.

Tonight I opened at 2016 bottle of Stag's Leap Merlot from WE. This was the first kit that I omitted the sorbate. I'm blown away by it. As a contrast, I had a 2016 Sonoma Pinot Noir by WE last night that I did add the sorbate. I can unmistakably taste the sorbate in the Pinot Noir. Under most circumstances, I will never add the sorbate again...

Back