What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactamente........

es-ok.jpg

I grew up in San Antonio. 80% of the population is hispanic. Have lived in NM now for 33 years again mostly hispanic population as well as native american. I took 3 years Spanish in HS an 2 years Spanish in undergrad school. For me not so much learning but rather constantly trying not to forget at my age! LOL

Are we now learning Spanish :)

Last edited:
Zinfandel from Fall of 2016. Let breathe for quite some time (over an hour). Very good overall nose and flavor. Do get a bit of bitterness on the back half of the finish, might be from the Xoakers, might be from youth. Oak seems to dominate it if you don't give it time to open up a bit. If you do a real nice base fruity exuberance unveils itself. More I'm drinking it, the less I'm noticing the back end bitterness (could have been from earlier beer and kielbasa ingestion).

In my opinion this needs a while longer to age, but still quite drinkable.
1-15-19_zin.jpg

Edit: Bitterness is a thing of the past. I am noting a high alcohol content, can definitely feel the two glasses I've had this evening.

Last edited:
A glass of my DB triple berry made last winter. This gets better with some time. Berry flavors are more pronounced now. Will have to do this again.

Zinfandel from Fall of 2016. Let breathe for quite some time (over an hour). Very good overall nose and flavor. Do get a bit of bitterness on the back half of the finish, might be from the Xoakers, might be from youth. Oak seems to dominate it if you don't give it time to open up a bit. If you do a real nice base fruity exuberance unveils itself. More I'm drinking it, the less I'm noticing the back end bitterness (could have been from earlier beer and kielbasa ingestion).

In my opinion this needs a while longer to age, but still quite drinkable.

Lanza?

Seems a little light in color?
I thought that too from the pictures, but there is a lot of light coming from the top of the image as well as the flash. Although not a heavy wine, it has a nice body to it. I used AMH yeast and I think it took a full two weeks to finish, so it was hanging out on the skins for a bit (I think it took longer for the secondary vs. the secondary, in which MLF completed very quickly).

Edit: When I finally get around to sending you some bottles, I'll be sure include that one.

Any use of Opti-Red or Lallzyme EX?

Although not a heavy wine, it has a nice body to it. I used AMH yeast and I think it took a full two weeks to finish, so it was hanging out on the skins for a bit (I think it took longer for the secondary vs. the secondary, in which MLF completed very quickly).

LOL Yea that thread has like 200 pages. Easier to just ask.
You are assuming I could find my notes. Looked again this morning, not sure where I placed them. I know I had them out to put the bottling date on them when I bottled that batch. Glad that thread is there in all of it's length since I'm getting old and misplacing things.

Anyone see my teeth laying around somewhere?
(I shouldn't joke about that, I had trouble finding my car keys this morning)

You are assuming I could find my notes. Looked again this morning, not sure where I placed them. I know I had them out to put the bottling date on them when I bottled that batch. Glad that thread is there in all of it's length since I'm getting old and misplacing things.

Anyone see my teeth laying around somewhere?
(I shouldn't joke about that, I had trouble finding my car keys this morning)

I still have most of my tasters and all of my 750’s from 2016. Not due to try it again for another few months. It’s going to take some time for those tannins to settle down. I don’t recall your Lanza Zin being particularly light.

Back