What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice blend. 61% Mourvèdre, 22% Grenache and 17% Syrah.

View attachment 50106
Sounds like a wine i would like, one of my favorites is actually a 100% grenache wine from spain, Los Rocas. I also have a couple reds from france that i like and buy frequently. Typically from the bordeaux region i have sort of a bordeaux love affair.

Who has a 7 year old LR white wine made as per directions still........

I do.

I dug deep into the Cellar and found the very last bottle of 2011 CC LR Marsanne-Rousanne-Viognier wine made with no modifications. I knew this wine ages well and by golly it does. It taste the same as the last one I opened years ago. A little darker perhaps but taste fresh and clean still. The only thing I would say is it needs more tartaric which is what I have been adding the last few years to all my white kit wines. This guy can get away with it as it really is all about mouthfeel with this wine. Still has that in spades. Paired wonderfully with some more smoked salmon. This time from Costco. Notice that cork that has been in there for 7 years. Perfect condition. Lafitte 1+1 cork. Perfect.

IMG_3451.JPG

Who has a 7 year old LR white wine made as per directions still........

I do.

I dug deep into the Cellar and found the very last bottle of 2011 CC LR Marsanne-Rousanne-Viognier wine made with no modifications. I knew this wine ages well and by golly it does. It taste the same as the last one I opened years ago. A little darker perhaps but taste fresh and clean still. The only thing I would say is it needs more tartaric which is what I have been adding the last few years to all my white kit wines. This guy can get away with it as it really is all about mouthfeel with this wine. Still has that in spades. Paired wonderfully with some more smoked salmon. This time from Costco. Notice that cork that has been in there for 7 years. Perfect condition. Lafitte 1+1 cork. Perfect.

I have a 2018 LR of the same blend that I need to bottle.

If its Friday I am not at work but not slacking! Nice outing with the Golden's this morning around 8AM, followed by mowing the lawn followed by 2 loads of laundry and one load of dishes followed by grocery shopping followed by making ho-made pizza in the regular house oven for dinner.

Beer was at 5:00 and (mini) Pizza and some wine now!

IMG_3453.jpg

Isn't it almost always beer:30 for you now?

I got to get one of those SV Nobilo.

The Costco version is dirt cheap too at the same price. If you guys tried the Costco Kirland SV, how does it compare to the Nobilo?

Finished mowing the lawn and got cleaned up. Now watching the Nats w/ the glass of Blanc de Noir that was leftover from bottling. Awesome stuff.

Finished mowing the lawn and got cleaned up. Now watching the Nats w/ the glass of Blanc de Noir that was leftover from bottling. Awesome stuff.

Going to watch their game on Sunday the 19, visiting family in MD so will take the opportunity to watch the game.:db
Although, I am a Yankees fan...:i

We have a half season plan and have that game. Meet us a the Fairgrounds before the game. Really fun place.

Thanks Fred, will keep this in mind. I think there will be around 6 of us and will ask if they have any plans or not, would be nice meeting up with you quickly.
Is the Fairgrounds a bar or something?

Back