What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Special wine for a special Day. A 2013 Castello di Amorosa, Sangiovese, Napa Valley, truly the BEST Sangiovese we ever had. We bought it last summer on our RV trip to California .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 34
Special wine for a special Day. A 2013 Castello di Amorosa, Sangiovese, Napa Valley, truly the BEST Sangiovese we ever had. We bought it last summer on our RV trip to California .

I’ve got several as well, really nice Sangiovese for sure!! Pretty hard to find, but if you ever run across a Del Dotto Sangiovese, give that one a try as well.

A bday present given to me back in December. It actually tastes pretty good and mellow, I’d buy this wine with no hesitation.

View attachment 48586
I’ve got several as well, really nice Sangiovese for sure!! Pretty hard to find, but if you ever run across a Del Dotto Sangiovese, give that one a try as well.
we finished ours. Do you need any help finishing yours !!! LOL, Roy

2015 Chateau St. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot. Dense and juicy with a nice tannic and oak backbone. Thrilled with this one for under ten bucks at Costco.

Well the Tri Tip turned out excellent somehow on a rusted out $89 grill. LOL I had to keep turning off one burner to cook it in a faux indirect fashion but somehow I did it to perfection with the help of a Weber digital thermometer I snagged today when I picked up a new bottle of Propane. As for the wine. Worth $16.99 I would say and not much more. About like a bottle of H3 Les Chevaux. All oak adjunct for sure. Decent acid and finish. Popped and poured with dinner. Went well with the Tri Tip and lasted the length of dinner. If your a winemaker the bottle is well worth the recycle and I am tossing it into my bag to carry back home just for that reason.

Beckstoffer-75-The-Sum-Red-750-ml_1.png

I use a paddle on a long rod and my cordless drill to degass, beat the heck out of it. Haven’t had a problem yet, but there is Murphy’s law. Speaking of good Rum, I use Jamaican double black to mix my Mai Tais. And then blending, I haven’t done that yet, do mainly varitals. I have been reading on what you all have been doing and may try something with a Malbec.

John

Opened up a "rare" find in my basement, a bottled beer I made. I hate bottling, but I'm rethinking that after having one of these Porters this evening. Made it back in February, so it's about 3 months old. Has really smoothed out the rough edges (lot's of black, chocolate and other charred malts) and has nice head retention (image was taken 30 minutes after pouring, was waiting for the temperature to rise a bit before drinking). Fortunately I have five six packs left of this one. I think I need to recreate this for a football beer (once it starts getting chilly in October)(Go Eagles).

5-20-18_porter.jpg

Last edited:
WE LE Vermentino.....mehhhhh

I like mine. Nothing spectacular, but nice and dry with minerals. I do think its one of those wines that can be really good or really bad, depending on circumstances and/or pairing though.

I like mine. Nothing spectacular, but nice and dry with minerals. I do think its one of those wines that can be really good or really bad, depending on circumstances and/or pairing though.

You know, I remember tasting a bottle sometime ago and was surprised on its improvement, I wonder if this last bottle is from the 2nd batch I made and it probably just needs more time. I had an inventory issue in my winery and ended up mixing the batches without marking properly... :slp

CC Showcase Lodi Old Vine Zin. Started 21 months ago. It's nice, but I never got it fully degassed ( it was one of my first wines). There is just a hint of CO2 left. This one is definitely on my "do again" list. I have 11 bottles left.

I find my OVZ needs decanting or opened a good 30 minutes before drinking. Does really open up then. I too need to start another batch!

Latest posts

Back