What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight my wife said to get a bottle from downstairs, so up come a Wineexpert Bravado. These are starting to turn out really nice. I don't have my notes here, but they are probably about a year old.

Every time I’m in the basement, I look at my Bravado. It’s about a year and a half old now (turns 2 in Sept I believe). I fight the urge to pull a cork because I split this batch with my brother. Only 11 bottles left.

Every time I’m in the basement, I look at my Bravado. It’s about a year and a half old now (turns 2 in Sept I believe). I fight the urge to pull a cork because I split this batch with my brother. Only 11 bottles left.

I understand why there was a guy in the wine club I am a member of, who always made three of every kit that he ever made. It seems expensive. But with 90 bottles, it sure is easy to enjoy one any time you want to.

My last taste was around Christmas I think. But recently my better half took it upon herself to pop open a 375mL. She had a glass right away and saved the rest for me. But another sip 2 hours later led to me coming home to an empty bottle.
FWIW she said there was a very significant improvement even from months 12 to 15.

With 1000 bottles of wine in your cellar I think you might be that guy. LOL!

Nope, I just have made about 150 gallons per year for three years. This year, I'm scaling way back, since I could skip about 4 years and still not run out of wine. Although last time I made Amarone, I did make two kits of it at the same time. and I generally do 300-400 pounds of grapes. My wife was impressed, the local fruit stand called and had blueberries and strawberries that they wanted to unload for cheap, cheap and I declined them. Probably not doing any fruit wines this year.

And I say all this with a straight face, knowing I just ordered four chilean juice buckets (Cab/Merlot, Syrah, Zinfandel that will be blended in some way shape or form, maybe field) and a pinot Noir bucket.

In honor of my next two kits that are supposed to show up tomorrow, I am drinking an En Primear Winery Series Italian Style Amarone. And those two kits, two more of the same. I ordered these back around Christmas time, when finevinewines had a pretty good sale on. They have been out of stock until now.

Back