What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2014 Zin from Amador Gold Grapes - my first all grape batch. Still a tad hot, but great spice and getting really close.

I picked up a bottle of Menage a Trois Chardonnay today, just so I'd have something to use for the gravy tonight. Wow, am I pleasantly surprised by this little gem. Great balance of a little oak, citrus, and crisp green apple. A fantastic 'everything' chardonnay at an exceptional price. Dad and I have polished off half the bottle, and sadly, we need the other half for the gravy. Should've gotten two.

Edit: gonna stick with Chardonnay with dinner. Found a Columbia Crest Reserve Horse Heaven Hills 2015 Chardonnay in the stash. Looks like it'll be big, fat and buttery, but I think it'll work. 17 months sur lie aging with weekly stirring, barrel fermented. I think this one will be a monster.

Edit-edit: Not a monster, but a very well balanced Chardonnay. Like the MaT, great notes of both oak and citrus/fruit. Better than the MaT, but triple the price.

Last edited:
Sampled a few wines at the crush. The winner there was a cranberry wine, that I am definitely going to have to try to reproduce. We had friends over for dinner. After polishing off one of my Yakima Syrah's, we enjoyed an Italian Sauv. Blanc that one of the guests brought. It was stellar! In the evening, I am sipping on one of my first kits, a 4-yr-old CC Showcase Amarone. Lovely! :dg

Yes. I had the great fortune to taste the 1994 Clinet at a friends home in Strasbourg ten years ago. That bottle sticks out in my memory as the best wine I have ever tasted. When I saw this up on the silent auction I knew I had to have it.

Go to Forums/Watched Threads (at the top) and make sure the threads are still there that you should be getting emails from. If they are, then check your SPAM or JUNK folder they have to be going somewhere. Lastly make sure [email protected] is in your address book.

I'm not getting ANY email notifications after this web conversion......:c:ft:gb

Last nights soldiers from the Back Road Pizza night. 2015 Pundit Syrah and a 2013 Saviah Cellars Barbera. Not a fair fight. The Pundit was very good (as usual) but the Barbera was flat out amazing.

IMG_2693.jpg

Go to Forums/Watched Threads (at the top) and make sure the threads are still there that you should be getting emails from. If they are, then check your SPAM or JUNK folder they have to be going somewhere. Lastly make sure [email protected] is in your address book.

I had checked all that.
Today the email notifications are coming in batches without me making any changes....oh this new platform change.... :)

BTW - Is the phone app working yet????

The iPhone app is now working for me but I did have to delete the app and download it again. I think starting fresh is key. The app must have been holding on to some old settings preventing it from loading anything from the new site.

Last edited:
Now, if I would just turn off autocorrect. I'm tired of going back to edit my posts over and over again because the damn machine doesn't understand what I'm saying.

Latest posts

Back