What's going on

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodnboro

Reaction score
What's up with all the pop up advertisements? Is this the new norm?

I never see them.
I use Opera, have pop ups disabled, and use Privacy Badger to block ads.

The font and layout is different. The ads really are not pop up, but appear on every thread.

I believe we are specifically talking about the new app upgrade. Which adblockers wouldn't work on. I actually pay for premium membership to support this site, and that's supposed to also keep it ad free. It did before. It does not now. But I'm kinda getting used to it. (And not that it matters but I never got my WMT decal either!).

Not seeing them on the PC using ABP.
Very annoying on the app however, and I won't be using the app any longer.

@Ajmassa5983, sorry I can't help with the decal or the ads but you need to pm TxBrew about this.

@Ajmassa5983, sorry I can't help with the decal or the ads but you need to pm TxBrew about this.

Lol. It's ok. That was never the point of paying for premium anyway. And I'm familiar with the new app provider from elsewhere. It seems like they've switched to "tapatalk" which I assume is popular for forum apps and probably is able to offer WMT a better deal for operation.
I dislike tapatalk. It's just more difficult to navigate around and loaded with ads on all of em. But I must say I think WMT is still much better than the other 'tapatalk' formats I've seen.

----likely if more people paid for premium they could have afforded to keep it as the older version.

I believe we are specifically talking about the new app upgrade. Which adblockers wouldn't work on. I actually pay for premium membership to support this site, and that's supposed to also keep it ad free. It did before. It does not now. But I'm kinda getting used to it. (And not that it matters but I never got my WMT decal either!).

You're right about it being the app upgrade. I usually use my phone to surf the forum and the ads are not showing up when I use my laptop.

Latest posts

Back