What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clearly you have drawn a line in the dough, but the toppings look the same, Mozza under and over or have you got more than that going on?
Its basically a Greek pizza. One side has pepperoni, Italian sausage, feta, kalamata olives and pepperoncini peppers. The other half is the same but no pepperoni and no olives. Both sides also have mozzarella as well.

Beautiful day here, will be nice when I fire up the charcoal in the kettle for some pit beef for sandwiches. Put a burger on the grill for lunch and sorta forgot about it, fortunately the grill was set on medium heat. Sauteed some portabella shrooms and onion. Very simple and very satisfying, now I need a nap (move over dog, you're in my spot, lol).

5-27-23_mushroom-burger.jpg

We planned to smoke ribs, but the iffy weather pushed us to Plan B, which was stuffed pork tenderloin, using the Zante currant, prune, fig, Balsamic vinegar stuffing and sauce our son recently made for Mother's Day -- he did the original version using lamb, while I switched it to pork.

pork.jpg

Beautiful day again, only issue is that we need rain and there isn't any in the forecast for the next 10 days. Playing with my food as I usually do, today was a dough experiment using the KettlePizza at 800*F temps. So lowered the hydration of my doughs, one set 24 hours in fridge with 00 flour, another same day with minimal yeast and ferment at room temps (also 00 flour) and one a NY style crust fermented in the fridge for 2 days. All except the NY style used 55% hydration (NY style 62%).

5-29-23_pizza-2.jpg

5-29-23_pizza-3.jpg

5-29-23_pizza-4.jpg

5-29-23_pizza-5.jpg

5-29-23_pizza-6.jpg

All had nice char spotting (aka leoparding) on the bottom of the crust. Last pizza pictured was cooked as the temps fell through the 700s. Had two pizzas with bubbles that "blew up" and one charred nicely! 1st pizza of the day was a GF for my son done inside in the oven since he despises "char" (not pictured).

24 hour fridge ferment dough was the hands down winner for cooking in the KettlePizza (images 3 & 4). Of course those went to my neighbor next door, lol.

You know.. I think I am going to have to ask why my neighbors never bring me pizza.

What a selfish bunch of misers I ended up with. Just my luck, I guess.
LOL. My neighbor Robin takes care of her 96 yr old mom, I try to take her pizza and pulled pork whenever I can. She gave up her life to take care of her mom (quit her job etc) so I try and honor that since it is so rare these days...

Plus, she likes my experiments!

LOL. My neighbor Robin takes care of her 96 yr old mom, I try to take her pizza and pulled pork whenever I can. She gave up her life to take care of her mom (quit her job etc) so I try and honor that since it is so rare these days...

Plus, she likes my experiments!
That's mighty decent of you Craig!

Beautiful day again, only issue is that we need rain and there isn't any in the forecast for the next 10 days. Playing with my food as I usually do, today was a dough experiment using the KettlePizza at 800*F temps. So lowered the hydration of my doughs, one set 24 hours in fridge with 00 flour, another same day with minimal yeast and ferment at room temps (also 00 flour) and one a NY style crust fermented in the fridge for 2 days. All except the NY style used 55% hydration (NY style 62%).

View attachment 101808

View attachment 101809

View attachment 101810

View attachment 101811

View attachment 101812

All had nice char spotting (aka leoparding) on the bottom of the crust. Last pizza pictured was cooked as the temps fell through the 700s. Had two pizzas with bubbles that "blew up" and one charred nicely! 1st pizza of the day was a GF for my son done inside in the oven since he despises "char" (not pictured).

24 hour fridge ferment dough was the hands down winner for cooking in the KettlePizza (images 3 & 4). Of course those went to my neighbor next door, lol.
I see that you started early to perfect your baking skills.
1685641493787.png

Latest posts

Back