What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The photo of @ Kraffty's pan of Chef John's Miso Beef Noodles looked so good I had to try it myself. I happened to find a bone-in chuck roast for $2.97/lb and couldn't pass it up. Followed the recipe exactly except for the miso - couldn't find red so had to use white miso and used green rather than red bell pepper. Wife and I both thought it was good, but not something we'd want on a regular basis.

1680519160333.png

That looks gooood!

I am going to try it even though there is a good chance I will be told I shoulda left well enough alone. I like Red Thai Curry mussels, but always seem to make drunken mussels. Change is hard. 😄

I just wont ask! Look dear, Portuguese mussels tonight!
ive done the drunk mussels - meh!
once u have these u will never go back
had these/been making these for 30 years - i was working in Kahnawake, Quebec - on the Reserve -i went to a little Italian restaurant in Montreal
and i had these - i was blown away - i asked the waiter and he told me the sauce

Made pork schnitzel last night, trying something slightly different. For the egg wash, I did the usual egg with seasoned salt, ground black pepper, and Costco no-salt seasoning, but added buttermilk to thin the egg. This produced a thicker coating, as buttermilk is also thick, and my wife immediately identified what I did. I'll do it again.

Homemade biscuits and steamed broccoli completed the dinner.

No pictures but ..... had a bone-in rib eye from a local grocery store tonight that was only $6.99/lb. I bought it because it looked fantastic. Cooked it up sous vide, gave it a good sear, and boy did it exceed expectations. Best steak I 've had in many years. Baked potato, steamed asparagus and a Caesar salad on the side.
1680651264906.png

This morning I had the urge to make something with ground beef, but no tacos, meatloaf, or hamburgers. Mrs. WM81 suggested meatballs, so that's what I did. Easy recipe -- take your favorite meatball recipe, brown on several sides. Deglaze with wine and stock, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes to cook through. Thicken the broth and serve with pasta.

Mrs. WM81 really liked tonight's taste. The meatballs are 1.25 lbs lean ground beef, 1 egg, seasoned salt, ground black pepper, Costco no-salt seasoning, and enough cracker crumbs to make the mixture non-sticky. I use the no-salt seasoning to reduce my sodium, and it adds an interesting flavor to most dishes.

meatballs.jpg

No pictures but ..... had a bone-in rib eye from a local grocery store tonight that was only $6.99/lb. I bought it because it looked fantastic. Cooked it up sous vide, gave it a good sear, and boy did it exceed expectations. Best steak I 've had in many years. Baked potato, steamed asparagus and a Caesar salad on the side.
View attachment 100084
Sounds like we just have to trust you...

It was THIS big! 😉

Chicken al paster tacos with Cilantro Lime rice

Wanted to try something different for a change and it was quite good. The chicken marinade is added to the pan when you cook.
The chicken itself is not too hot, but people can spoon on the marinade after to get how hot they want it to be. First time with the
rice also and will make again.
For some reason, the black beans are still in the pantry. Next time.

1680872561729.jpeg1680872615003.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back