What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made my first flour tortillas tonight. My previous recipe was GF. Too springy to press them. Used the press to get them flat and round and had to roll them out thin.

Very good, just need to find a press recipe to speed it up.
View attachment 99316
View attachment 99318
View attachment 99319
What started as tacos rolled out to burrito size. We made it work.
You had me stumped for a minute. Your tortillas look just like my lefse. Lefse is the same but made with potatoes.

Pork butt got up to 155*F yesterday before I pulled/wrapped/cooled so I could go out to dinner (rare event). Fortunately got in the mid 20s around here last night. Popped it in the crock pot on low, right now on "warm" since it hit 205 and is basting in it's juices (aka pork fat).

3-19-23_pork-butt.jpg

Making a bbq sauce, found some spirits I didn't think I had any more (from my Dad who passed in 1998). Kitchen smelling pretty "potent" as I cook it down a bit to thicken it.

3-19-23_bbq-sauce.jpg

Yum!

Well, well what do we have here.........

Snake River Farms Wagyu Ribeye filet cooked over pecan, (pulled at 130F) loaded baked tater and a caesar salad with ho-made dressing with lots of Vitamin G! :db

View attachment 99517
Looks dandy, but you need to do yourself a favour and fry up some croutons. You will never go back. Takes 3 minutes and they are life changing. 😃

Looks dandy, but you need to do yourself a favour and fry up some croutons. You will never go back. Takes 3 minutes and they are life changing. 😃
The best croutons are the ones you make out of stale ho-made sourdough bread but tonight I did not have any so it was an easy button push for me. Sad but it happens in life. LOL

Well, well what do we have here.........

Snake River Farms Wagyu Ribeye filet cooked over pecan, (pulled at 130F) loaded baked tater and a caesar salad with ho-made dressing with lots of Vitamin G! :db

View attachment 99517

I picked up some SRF Wagyu beef jerky at Costco last week. Holy moly, is that stuff good!

One of my favorite Cooking programs lately is "Food Wishes" on YouTube featuring Chef John. This is his Miso Beef with Noodles dish. Perfect for cooking on a drizzly grey day. Basically beef chuck roast with BokChoy and bell pepper with Bucatini noodles. Lots of flavor.
The only issue I've found watching Chef John's videos is if I do it in the evening, he has a very soft quiet voice that can make me hang it up early and head for bed, lol.

I do like his recipes. I tend to steal certain pieces parts to improve ones that I have already made.

Favorite Sammich of all time. Looks great. Home made pastrami is on my someday to-do list.
Not hard to do, just need patience. Along the lines of making bacon from a pork belly, you just need to pick what type of pastrami (basturma) you're making. You can make pastrami from about any protein, including salmon. I prefer to make it from beef. Any web search will give you plenty of different recipes/programs to follow. A good book on charcuterie should have some recipes as well.

Latest posts

Back