What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a new flour I hadn't seen before, Gold Medal pizza flour. Whipped up a batch of dough this morning for a Detroit style pizza this evening. Seems that this flour rises better than I expected, or I forgot the amount of flour to use, but made it with 500g of flour @ 65% hydration. Almost exited the top of the steel pan (1 1/4" thick). A bit too bready for my tastes, but it did taste good! Side stromboli for my daughter for tomorrow's lunch.

11-19-22_dinner.jpg

And yes, I need a lot of sauce, lol.

Oops...started a 17.4 lb turkey in the Weber bullet around 11:30 am. Was running at about 295 for a while, dropped to 265 so I said to my son (we were shooting the sh*t in the driveway waiting for it to cook), I think we need to start some more charcoal and get this thing going (supposed to take 4 hrs at 350). Well, shot it up to 375, at 3 pm it hit 165 in the breast, probed and found that was the lowest temp on the whole turkey. Moved to a 170* grill and letting it hang out until everyone shows up and my wifey gets the sides she is in charge of done (stuffing in the crock pot, dinner rolls waiting to proof a bit more before baking).

At least the airlines called and said they found my son's bag. It was scheduled to leave on a flight to Jordan, lol.

11-24-22_turkey-1.jpg

11-24-22_turkey-2.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

turkey_2022.jpg

18lb of deliciousness. Was supposed to take 4.5-6 hrs according to the 'how to BBQ turkey' guides, but we always seem to be faster and it's darned near perfect after 3 hrs. Brined for 2 days, dried out overnight in the fridge and cooked over hot coals with a few handfuls of cherry wood chips at the start, herb oil baste every hour.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Spatchcocked and then dry brined for 24 hours in the fridge using the Private Selection Bold & Savory Poultry Seasoning Rub. Mrs IB is not a fan of smoked Turkey. She says the smoke overpowers the bird so into the GE Cafe' oven it went @ 350F for 2 hours until it hit 165F in the breast. This is the way to do a turkey I tell you!

IMG_8984.jpeg

Yesterday, following the lead from someone else, I found a recipe for Shrimp Victoria. Sorry no picture (it probably didn't happen, but my belly said it did). Tong my wife and I made Cornish Game Hens with carrots, onions, and taters. Absolute amazing meal. Red wines with both, but only due to my wife not caring much for white wines.

PXL_20221125_235341259.jpgPXL_20221126_000214693.jpg

I've been out of the city for a looong time. I do not enjoy the hustle and bustle. I was not too happy with the idea of going, but I found a way to make the best of it.

I missed the oysters! No Pic :slp. Idiot!

Tuna tartare
PXL_20221125_205238384.jpg

Tasty beveragesPXL_20221125_210807258.jpg

Shrimp cocktail
PXL_20221125_205235318.jpg

And I doubled up on the main. Absolute gluttony, and I regret nothing!

PXL_20221125_214605895.jpg

I can't help but look back at the trip with a winning smile. Had the meal this afternoon with family before heading out. It was a great visit.

Still happy to be home...

Yesterday, following the lead from someone else, I found a recipe for Shrimp Victoria. Sorry no picture (it probably didn't happen, but my belly said it did). Tong my wife and I made Cornish Game Hens with carrots, onions, and taters. Absolute amazing meal. Red wines with both, but only due to my wife not caring much for white wines.

View attachment 95671View attachment 95672
This is one of my favorite's. Funny, because I know I have never posted it. Love it stuffed with wild rice, or a mix, and mushrooms.

Might just take a 'lead' and add it to the menu this week.

Latest posts

Back