What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL I would say it did pull just fine. Seemed like it had slightly less fat and of course it had the bottom completely covered in thick pork skin. Pic of what was left after pulling the meat out to shred. Notice the difference in the bone shape and size compared to smaller butterfly shaped butt bone.

1660570143785.png

Also had some Baby Backs and Beef Short Ribs........

1660570212918.jpeg

It was a perfect day for a long smoke Warm for sure as we reached 90 yesterday late PM.

1660570280964.jpeg

Try saucing post bake and you will get the edge to edge crispy baked cheese. It helps with the thick crust bake up as well.

Nope, pre bake. Seems some places do it before, some after. Had a bit too much liquid once done cooking, so might try post bake next time, though the sauce was from garden tomatoes I cooked down to an almost paste consistency.

My first try at homemade pizza. A couple of minutes on a screen and then onto a steel. Looks good, but it was horribly overcooked. I kept looking at it in the oven and saying 1 or 2 more minutes . . . . maybe another minute . . .
Sure had a crispy crust, though - kinda like eating peanut brittle!

1660652640857.png1660652682304.png
1660652810206.png

For lunch.

Thai coconut chicken soup. 45 minutes from raw chicken to eating, and all I could think was I don't make this enough. Easy and packed with flavor.
View attachment 91693

View attachment 91694
Thai coconut chicken soup.
Looked so good, that we looked up the recipe as we were about to go to the store. Tasted great and will make again, but will try with different ingredients. Will use lemon instead of the lime that it called for. Thanks for putting it out there.

Thai coconut chicken soup.
Looked so good, that we looked up the recipe as we were about to go to the store. Tasted great and will make again, but will try with different ingredients. Will use lemon instead of the lime that it called for. Thanks for putting it out there.
Glad you tried it, it's a good one to throw in every now and then. What I did is written above for reference.

I always use lemon, gotta work too hard to get enough juice from limes.

You continue to make me look things up, lol. I consider myself the Amish or Mennonite of the texting world.

Last two nights, easy meals, what I consider comfort food yesterday (meatloaf). Today was get rid of some frozen fish from the freezer (fish tacos). Searched out and made a new taco sauce. I'm usually just fine with a tomato/chili based sauce, but did a somewhat "white" sauce. 1/2 C of both sour cream and mayo, some lime juice, some ground chipotle powder and a dash of commercial taco sauce. Whew, I'm still sweating. Mixed some with some red cabbage for crunch, made a ho-made salsa from garden tomatoes and maybe too many jalapenos. Tilapia w/taco seasoning sautéed quickly. Turned out really good!

Just concerned with the cabbage and Brussel sprouts tonight, I may have ventured into too much fiber territory (lunch was a big salad).

8-15-22_meatloaf-sammy.jpg

8-16-22_fish-tacos.jpg

I'm like a dog on a bone. Can't leave it alone.

Experimenting with blue rare to medium tonight. Both are good. Tempted to make some sashimi. Maybe just flash the outside.. Tuna tataki?

IMG_20220816_201119.jpgIMG_20220816_202015.jpg

This is Tuna Tataki... I think I just convinced myself.

1660705576583.png

A different version. Stay tuned, I just ate and this is making me hungry. :HB
1660705635622.png

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_201055.jpg
    IMG_20220816_201055.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Simple meal. Took some thinly sliced top round, made an au jus with some ho-made beef stock, sautéed some onion and Anaheim peppers, broiled some store bought steak rolls, added some cheddar cheese and made some Italian beef sandwiches. Didn't dip in the jus, were plenty juicy enough. Served with steak fries and broccoli (not in picture). Yum!

8-18-22_Italian-beef.jpg

Can't remember if I posted this recently.. Coconut shrimp.

This time it was a 'what can I make now, but still enjoy it', meal. 20 minutes? Last night's tortillas (homemade, time for a press @winemaker81. Well worth it, I love this thing!). Smashed garlic, lemon, avocado, with cilantro and cabbage. Some grilled asparagus and zucchini on the side almost made the pics.
IMG_20220818_204140.jpgIMG_20220818_205514.jpgIMG_20220818_205624.jpg
The shrimp is everything free for anyone concerned. No gluten, dairy... blah blah blah.

Last edited:
@vinny : just got an email from Costco.

View attachment 91922
The only thing better than tuna, is 10 lbs of tuna!

I had guests for dinner last night. I did steak and tuna.. I didn't get any pictures of the grill or the feed, I was trying to get everyone fed. I did try tuna tataki, though. I made an orange, ginger, soy, sesame oil dressing and dipped it in soy and wasabi.. It was really good.

Everyone was content with their steak. I ate the whole plate, and I regret nothing!
IMG_20220819_201034.jpg

The only thing better than tuna, is 10 lbs of tuna!

I had guests for dinner last night. I did steak and tuna.. I didn't get any pictures of the grill or the feed, I was trying to get everyone fed. I did try tuna tataki, though. I made an orange, ginger, soy, sesame oil dressing and dipped it in soy and wasabi.. It was really good.

Everyone was content with their steak. I ate the whole plate, and I regret nothing!
View attachment 91946

Do you look for internal temp or color to pull the tuna off the grill, I assume not direct fire.

Latest posts

Back