What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting some goodies from the garden. Parsley and basil gremolata with capers, garlic, and lemon over salmon. Beet thinnings, garlic scapes, and store bought yuca and zucchini, and asparagus. Grilled and topped with gremolata. OK on the salmon, I prefer not to shadow flavours and this did a bit, but it was excellent on the veggies.

Grilled yuca was an experiment that may never be tried again. It was good with gremolata, but the outside had to be peeled off. Too dry. Live and learn!
IMG_20220715_190502.jpgIMG_20220715_194030.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220715_194035.jpg
    IMG_20220715_194035.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2

Salad is not food. Salad comes with the food. Salad is a promissory note that food will soon arrive.​

-John Pinette

Well, it's too damn hot for food. I did put some on top, though. 😄

It's not a rule, but I RARELY cook with fruit. This was extremely good. I may need to reevaluate my choices.

I fried some prosciutto, then onions, (salted) shrimp, threw in 2 minced garlic cloves, and grated in some ginger. I added in the juice from a mandarin orange and half a lemon, and just a splash of Pinot Grigio

Soooo good, especially for a salad main.

I used the liquid in the pan and some vinaigrette to finish it off. And inexcusably, forgot to top it with the prosciutto. 😒

IMG_20220716_192913.jpg
IMG_20220716_192923.jpg

I wanted to make a nice looking salad. Not just a mound of shrimp, but I think we all know I had more available, just in case....
IMG_20220716_192939.jpg

Last edited:
Salad is not food.
Salad is what food eats. ;)

You don't cook with fruit? There's a lot of good recipes -- butterfly and pound thin a pork tenderloin. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, Parmesan (or your favorite cheese), and chopped dried fruit. Roll up, rub with oil, sprinkle bread crumbs on top (to keep the meat from drying out), and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.

Thought we'd have T-storms all day, plus wanted to keep the doggie indoors and in an enclosed area, somehow she pulled a nail (claw in her case) last night and it looked pretty tender. She doesn't seem to mind it, but I think a trip to the Vet is in order tomorrow.

Anyway, a three hour ragù with ground chicken and hot italian snausage. Served with penne pasta, garlic bread and salad. Yum!

7-17-22_ragu.jpg

Bstnh1, I have a townhouse down Cape Cod. it was really productive Saturday morning. I went last Wednesday for an hour and forty minutes and only got 32 clams.

Bstnh1, I have a townhouse down Cape Cod. it was really productive Saturday morning. I went last Wednesday for an hour and forty minutes and only got 32 clams.
I used to go clamming at Hampton Harbor here in NH and years ago you could fill up in about an hour. Now, it's closed all summer because of red tide and when it's open in the winter, it's terrible. Last time I went (a couple of years ago_) i spent an hour there and only got a handful. Sounds like it's still really great digging down on the Cape!

Marinated chicken breast in Aldi's Tuscan dressing for a couple of hours, then grilled. Sunday we do lunch planning, so we generally make enough to at least provide a sandwich for Mrs WM81 on Monday. I WFH so lunches are much easier for me, but when busy it's handy to be able grab a 2 minute lunch. This makes a far better sandwich than lunchmeat.

chicken.jpg

Back