What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filet (sous vide & then grilled) asparagus grilled and baked potato. Paired with FWK cab. View attachment 89979
AND! Melted butter cascading down the sides of your steak, glistening and filling every crevice. Deeply enticing your fellow WMT members!

I just washed and seasoned my chicken wings.... Currently wishing I had chosen steak this morning. 😆

I prepped a pair of pork tenderloins yesterday, planning 2 meals. First batch was in chunks -- marinated in allspice, salt, pepper, and olive oil, then skewered and grilled.

suvlaki-1.jpg

For tonight, the forecast was mixed, so I covered all bases. Instead of chunks, I pounded thin to allow for scallopini. The marinade is olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, and a Mediterranean spice mix I purchased at Aldi's.

If it rained, I'd make pork scallopini. If it didn't, I'd thread the meat tightly on skewers and grill. It didn't rain.

suvlaki-2.jpg

Mrs. WM81 purchase hummus and fresh corn for tonight.

A full grill is a happy grill! Chicken thighs (thyme, oregano, garlic, all from my garden); aspargus (chili lime seasoning); spinach with garlic; roasted broccoli (lemon/butter/caper sauce); and a scallion or two for interest.

Knew I forgot something just now at the grocery store, I love grilled asparagus!

Reheated and added citrus to some frozen pulled pork for cubanos last night, yum!

7-1-22_cubanos.jpg

T-bone steaks tonight for me and my better half if the T-storms hold off...

Last edited:
I wanted to go out tonight, but Mrs WM81 overruled me -- replacing a bathroom light was the afternoon's agenda, and she figured it would take longer than it should. Yup, she was right -- I had to significantly modify the baseplate to get it to fit the existing electrical box in the wall. It wasn't difficult, but it took an extra hour to make it happen. On the plus side, Mrs WM81 is very pleased!

She requested chicken scallopine, and she got her wish. I had to run an errand this morning, so I purchased sweet Marsala, as I knew she'd like it.

Plus I made tzatziki, simply because I wanted to!

chicken.jpg

Corn is in season, so we had that as well!

Simple dinner. Everyone working except for me (I like it that way). Made up a batch of beef taco meat, wifey and I made some quesadillas. She's off with the youngest for a free outdoor concert at my alma mater. I think it is the Harrisburg symphony if I remember what my wife said.

7-3-22_quesadilla.jpg

Made 6 pizza doughs (14") for some KettlePizza tomorrow, supposed to be another nice day in South Central PA.

Latest posts

Back