What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really digging the Similar Threads links.

Tonight's what's for dinner is brought to you by WMT's very own super mod @ibglowin.

Prosciutto wrapped pork tenderloin in a fig and port wine reduction.

IMG_20220621_190036.jpgIMG_20220621_201410.jpgIMG_20220621_202231.jpgIMG_20220621_202245.jpgIMG_20220621_202559.jpg

I added a light smoke to mimic a wood fire cook and used a squirt bottle with oil to encourage flair ups.

The reduction is very well balanced. Delicate. It accents the pork without overpowering. Well worth it! Here's the post and the recipe.

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/thre...-medallions-with-a-fig-port-wine-sauce.51688/

Last edited:
Chili night, taco night. A bit of rain in the area, plus pretty tropical outside, so decided to cook inside. And now with the new central air unit/heat pump is installed, no problem "over warming" the house by running the stove/stovetop.

Simple chicken taco meat, I saw a batch of nachos being made (wifey). I made a chili recipe w/beef for work lunches. Was a bit heavy with the authentic NM Chile powder that some upstanding member on this site sent me, so added some corn (in place of posole or hominy) and beans to cool it down a bit. Incredible flavor, will make a few great lunches for later this week, yum!

PS. will make it hard to eat lunch w/o a beer chaser...

6-22-22_chili.jpg

6-22-22_chili-1.jpg

6-22-22_chili-2.jpg

Still raining, but I'm not complaining. It inspires my favourite dishes.

Osso buco. Bison shank braised in red wine and broth, with onions, garlic and celery. Served with mashed potatoes, asparagus, pickled beets and carrots, and a gremolata that missed the photo shoot. No one was willing to wade through any of this rain to get to the root cellar for carrots. Almost 5 inches of rain since Sunday.

These are my favourite dishes. Braised shank, roast, brisket, short ribs. 45 minutes if prep and lots of play time.

We started with crab stuffed mushrooms.:p

Currently... Not hungry!

Still sorting out the broiler... Got them just in time.
IMG_20220623_192731.jpg

IMG_20220623_200025.jpg
IMG_20220623_172534.jpg
IMG_20220623_175350.jpgIMG_20220623_182221.jpg
Likely also dinner tomorrow, we only ate the 2 'little' portions.

Last edited:
Still raining, but I'm not complaining. It inspires my favourite dishes.

Osso buco. Bison shank braised in red wine and broth, with onions, garlic and celery. Served with mashed potatoes, asparagus, pickled beets and carrots, and a gremolata that missed the photo shoot. No one was willing to wade through any of this rain to get to the root cellar for carrots. Almost 5 inches of rain since Sunday.

These are my favourite dishes. Braised shank, roast, brisket, short ribs. 45 minutes if prep and lots of play time.

We started with crab stuffed mushrooms.:p

Currently... Not hungry!

Still sorting out the broiler... Got them just in time.
View attachment 89863

View attachment 89862
View attachment 89864
View attachment 89865View attachment 89866
Likely also dinner tomorrow, we only ate the 2 'little' portions.

:HB :HB :HB :b

Latest posts

Back