What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had NO idea what I wanted to eat tonight. Except guacamole. Just a random craving. So, I started with that. The rest just came together as I was wondering through the fridge.

Guac, pico de gallo, bacon wrapped scallops, lettuce wraps and a few snacky bits, cause I thought I might still be hungry..

Surprisingly full, and very sated.
IMG_20220527_204201.jpg

Thursday morning I defrosted a package of pork tenderloin. There's 2 loins in the package, far more than Mrs WM81 and I will eat in one sitting (no hungry teenagers in the house any more), and I had the urge for Souvlaki or Shish Kebab. But the forecast was rain, so no grilling. Nope, not letting THAT stop me.

Removed the fat and silverside, sliced into 2" slices, and pounded thin. One was marinated with Syrian Traditional Shish Kebab seasoning -- I have no idea how traditional it is, but while it's designed for lamb, it works great on pork as well! 4 parts ground allspice, 2 parts salt (I use seasoned salt), 1 part ground black pepper, and olive oil. This one needs an overnight marinate period, so that's Friday's dinner.

For Thursday, Pork Souvlaki marinade. You can tell this one is fully authentic, as it uses soy sauce! 🙃

Ok, it's not authentic, but it tastes great. Olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, black pepper, and garlic.

Instead of marinating and grilling chunks, I simply pan fried the slices. There's enough oil in the marinades that I didn't bother adding any to the pan. Thursday night added fried potatoes and a large salad, and last night was rice vermicelli and steamed broccoli.

pork tenderloin.jpg

Pork chop and a half, zucchini, cubed potatoes all done on the weber. Tried something different with the potatoes, I infused some olive oil with rosemary, pepper, garlic and thyme then tossed the potatoes and some onion with it, wrapped in foil and threw on the grill for about 20 mins before the chops.
IMG_0011.jpeg
Got a skirt steak marinating in chimichuri for a taco BBQ with friends this afternoon

Latest posts

Back