What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes you just have sides 'cause it seems like the responsible thing to do. These would do just fine with a side of bun.

I have never made anything sous vide. I'd appreciate some pictures to see how it turned out.

Wife wanted pasta, so she got it. She also wanted a roasted veg, but the fridge didn't give anything good up. So I made a salad. This would've been better served perhaps w/ some Spanish rice and pinto beans, but we suffered through it. For the pasta, I roasted some garlic and tossed it in w/ EVOO, lots of Parm and fresh ground pepper. This was 2.5 hours in sous vide at 128F and seared over lump w/ a chunk of mesquite. Normally, I'd go w/ oak on this, but was out.

tempImage1Wc2Mb.jpg

tempImageR8hrpA.jpg

tempImagetK5G7S.jpg

Last edited:
Wife wanted pasta, so she got it. She also wanted a roasted veg, but the fridge didn't give anything good up. So I made a salad. This would've been better served perhaps w/ some Spanish rice and pinto beans, but we suffered through it. For the pasta, I roasted some garlic and tossed it in w/ EVOO, lots of Parm and fresh ground pepper. This was 2.5 hours in sous vide at 128F and seared over lump w/ a chunk of mesquite. Normally, I'd go w/ oak on this, but was out.

View attachment 88296

View attachment 88297

View attachment 88298
Well, well, well.... It appears sous vide may require further study.

Looks just about perfect. I am glad you could reach within yourself to suffer through it although the sides were not quite up to par for you. Moments like that build character!

Wait you built that nice beautiful fire for like only 3 min a side !?!? :dg

View attachment 88296

View attachment 88297

View attachment 88298

@Boatboy24 Jim, If I may ask, what do you pay for broccolini in your area? Here a bunch about the size you show is $2.79. Do you have a Wegman's market near you?

@bstnh1 Brian, what is your stuffing recipe for your "hand grenades"? We use ground beef, rice, peppers, tomato sauce, onions, garlic and spices.

Latest posts

Back