What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright.. I was too lazy to post last night. Not sure if I have posted this before, but if you want a good feed with only 15 minutes of effort, this is a goodun.

Perfect for say... The first day of spring where you would rather sit on the deck and have a sip or two than cook all night. Load up your veggies and walk away for an hour.

IMG_20220512_185628.jpg

IMG_20220512_201335.jpg
I usually put a whole head of garlic in there too. I forgot.

A classic rookie mistake!

I don't think the artichoke needed the oven time, or maybe just not the freshest. The heart was a little dry.

Last edited:
Alright.. I was too lazy to post last night. Not sure if I have posted this before, but if you want a good feed with only 15 minutes of effort, this is a goodun.

Perfect for say... The first day of spring where you would rather sit on the deck and have a sip or two than cook all night. Load up your veggies and walk away for an hour.

View attachment 88209

View attachment 88211
I usually put a whole head of garlic in there too. I forgot.

A classic rookie mistake!

I don't think the artichoke needed the oven time, or maybe just not the freshest. The heart was a little dry.

As I said before, you're a big leaguer...!!! :try

Very fruitful Costco run today. I went looking for beach chairs and came home with Picanha and Tri Tip. Have never seen either there. TT, I've cooked many times, but have never done Picanha. Can't wait to try it out.

Very fruitful Costco run today. I went looking for beach chairs and came home with Picanha and Tri Tip. Have never seen either there. TT, I've cooked many times, but have never done Picanha. Can't wait to try it out.
I had to just look up Picanha, never heard of it before (I must live a sheltered life). Looks interesting!

A shower here, a shower there today. No pizza since I didn't want to have a long oven cook with the heat pump/air cond on the fritz (just laid down 1/2 payment for a new unit, which will likely take a month to be delivered). So did my youngest daughters favorite, a small Stromboli. Some ham, two types of salami and swiss cheese (daughters choice, I like using provolone normally).

5-13-22_stromboli.jpg

Fridays we often have a late lunch out and skip dinner. The abandoned old church at the entrance to old downtown has undergone a renovation and been reborn as a brewery and restaurant and we stopped in for the first time today. We shared a turkey sandwich with green chiles and smoked gouda and their fish and chips. Washed it down with a really tasty red beer, reminded me of the old Killian's Red brand. Looking forward to trying out their dinner menu.
BelfreyInside.jpgBelfreyOutside.jpg

Fridays we often have a late lunch out and skip dinner. The abandoned old church at the entrance to old downtown has undergone a renovation and been reborn as a brewery and restaurant and we stopped in for the first time today. We shared a turkey sandwich with green chiles and smoked gouda and their fish and chips. Washed it down with a really tasty red beer, reminded me of the old Killian's Red brand. Looking forward to trying out their dinner menu.
View attachment 88222View attachment 88223
That is beautiful. The only thing better than lunch out?

Having 2!

Whipped up a batch of Santa Maria rub this afternoon. Seasoned both of these up and vac sealed 'em. One into the freezer for later and the other into the sous vide for tonight's dinner. Don't know what I'm serving for sides yet (aside from some chimichurri), and frankly, I don't care. 🤣

tempImagey7qdvU.jpg

tempImage5tdKt5.jpg

Don't know what I'm serving for sides yet (aside from some chimichurri), and frankly, I don't care. 🤣

Sometimes you just have sides 'cause it seems like the responsible thing to do. These would do just fine with a side of bun.

I have never made anything sous vide. I'd appreciate some pictures to see how it turned out.

Latest posts

Back