What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photobomb! We had a special-occasion dinner last night, and I pulled out all the stops. It was epic!

We started with a cheese course of a fresh (i.e., soft) Pecorino infused with truffles, washed down with a cheap sparkling wine from France (not Champagne, alas).

The second course was smoked Alaskan salmon served with a caper/lemon sauce; boiled Dungeness crab served with a ho-made garlic/thyme flavored Hollandaise sauce; and roasted fennel slices. This was accompanied by a rose sparkling wine from Hawkes Bay, New Zealand that our guests brought.

The third course was rack of lamb (thyme, rosemary, garlic); sauteed spinach with garlic and lemon; and roasted artichokes, again with the Hollandaise for dipping. This was washed down with the exquisite Caymus-Suisun Grand Durif described elsewhere, followed by a Mockingbird Hill Reserve Zinfandel.

Dessert was a clafoutis supplied by a local bakery.

First photos show the "before," later show the "after." :) No one complained. :D Well, maybe the crabs did.

66457465548__64E6D158-A8B6-4DC5-B34D-9B9B4E65E0E1.JPGIMG_3086.JPGIMG_3081.JPGIMG_3085.JPGIMG_3091.JPG

Last edited:
We enjoyed sauteed spinach with garlic; peas with butter and taragon; roasted Brussels sprouts and red onion pieces with marjoram and Balsamic vinegar; Navy beans with parsley, EVOO, and lots of Pecorino; and a pork loin roast (which I bought preseasoned with garlic and herbs). Washed down with a Tuscan Governo All'Uso style wine.

IMG_3097.JPG66485074874__C0C08428-0AA2-44B4-A930-008DAFF2AAAA.JPG

Last edited:
09082B86-9832-4F65-9A26-3835C48CA6A2.jpeg
, , , the vinters club did a charcuterie board contest tonight, ,
, , well, someone has to eat it, chocolate, chips ritz, dried apple, candy eggs, guacamole, mango wine, cyser, cheese spread off image

and yes the wife forced me to wash the board with a tooth brush before going, don’t want grand kid slobber in the sauce.

Last edited:
Pan-seared sockeye salmon served with a kind of chimichuri sauce (cilantro, lemon, herbes de Provence, EVOO, etc.); leftover buttered peas with tarragon; roasted artichoke with lemon/butter dipping sauce; sauteed/braised baby bok choy; adzuki beans seasoned with soy sauce, garlic, and ancho chile.

IMG_3136.JPGIMG_3138.JPG

Cold day, fortunately the snow is way east of us. Still helps to run the oven with the ceramic top to heat up the house. The heat pump seems to struggle once the temps drop below 15 or so.

So no better way to heat up the house then to make some pizzas!

1-29-22_pizza-1.jpg

1-29-22_pizza-2.jpg

1-29-22_pizza-3.jpg

Only made 5 tonight. A few of my normal "customers" had already made something for dinner. One did take two for reheating tomorrow.

Yum!

Latest posts

Back