What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to actually go to two stores, as Wegman's has a decent selection, but not what I needed. Giant had the Ancho's though.
My Giant used to have dried Guajillo, I'll have to check again on the way home today. I know they have the Anchos, they just keep rearranging the store every couple of months and I can never find anything...

My Giant used to have dried Guajillo, I'll have to check again on the way home today. I know they have the Anchos, they just keep rearranging the store every couple of months and I can never find anything...

I got them in the produce section. Actually had to ask someone - I knew from looking on line that they were there, but just couldn't find 'em. The person that helped me did say those were the only dried chiles they had. And that normally, they would have a better selection, but things have been harder to stock lately.

A bit wasteful, maybe, but when I find a recipe I want to try, I print it. If it turns out to be a keeper, I file it in one of the three ring binders I set up for recipes. I keep saying one of these days I want to put together a cookbook for family and friends, but as the saying goes, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".
I print copies for use, making notes as I alter things. Later on I integrate the notes into a final copy.

It's probably a big job, but start typing your final versions into a word processor. Expect it to take a long time and peck at it, week-by-week.

Lulu.com will print a 120 page perfect bound B&W book for about $8, last I checked. I'm trying to collect recipes from family members (which is like pulling teeth) with the idea of printing copies as a Christmas present in December.

I got them in the produce section. Actually had to ask someone - I knew from looking on line that they were there, but just couldn't find 'em. The person that helped me did say those were the only dried chiles they had. And that normally, they would have a better selection, but things have been harder to stock lately.
Yeah, mine are in the produce section hanging above the loose potatoes that are in bins. They usually had fresnos, guajillo and anchos. Haven't looked for them in a while, so shortages may have reduced their population.

A bit wasteful, maybe, but when I find a recipe I want to try, I print it. If it turns out to be a keeper, I file it in one of the three ring binders I set up for recipes. I keep saying one of these days I want to put together a cookbook for family and friends, but as the saying goes, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Do you think Julia Childs started out this way??? :slp

View attachment 83441
Similar method here. I like having a paper copy instead of IPad. With paper I can takes notes on changes etc.
7C5D988D-79B2-4B8F-8018-6CC583D2018E.jpeg

A lamb shank cooked sous vide (40 hours, 159F), served with a mushroom red wine and beef stock reduction sauce. Lentils with herbs; roasted artichokes with a lemon/caper/butter dipping sauce; braised collard greens; braised carrots with balsmic vinegar and sherry.

IMG_3073.JPGIMG_3074.JPG

Latest posts

Back