What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little herbed beef tenderloin for New Year's (from a local butcher).
Rubbed with olive oil, salt, pepper, seared on all sides and let sit.
In a bowl, added butter, balsamic vinegar, onion/garlic power, chopped
garlic, chopped rosemary & thyme leaves. Mix together and melted in
microwave. Rubbed it on, put on the twine to keep it together. Put it in the oven,
put the probe in and set it for mid/rare which the oven said was 130 degrees. The oven just
shows the internal temp and I used the phone to find out it was cooking at 425. Took it
out when buzzer went off(130 degrees), covered the foil and let sit for 15 min(looks like I should
have waited another five.

1641140752052.jpeg
A little sour cream/bacon for the potato, slaw and mushroom gravy(and a glass of Merlot)

1641141767812.jpeg

For New Year's Eve, we went with our crusty friend: Boiled lobsters served with ho-made garlic/thyme hollandaise sauce (our new favorite!); shredded Brussels sprouts sauteed with bacon; roasted cauliflower with butter, smoked paprika, and garlic; rotini with pesto sauce; and sauteed spinach wtih garlic, EVOO, and lemon.

IMG_3029.JPG

Inspired by a recent similar meal, the lobster begat a nice breakfast the next day. There is a trick I learned for getting the meat out of those little lobster legs: You take a rolling pin and squeeze the meat out from the tip of the leg out the hole at the top. Then I warmed the leg meat in butter, served it with the leftover garlic/thyme Hollandaise sauce on a poached egg on sourdough toast. Happy 2022!

IMG_3034.JPG

For New Year's Eve, we went with our crusty friend: Boiled lobsters served with ho-made garlic/thyme hollandaise sauce (our new favorite!); shredded Brussels sprouts sauteed with bacon; roasted cauliflower with butter, smoked paprika, and garlic; rotini with pesto sauce; and sauteed spinach wtih garlic, EVOO, and lemon.

View attachment 82858
Live lobsters here in New England are currently running $11.99 and 12.99 a pound. Highest in a long time. A couple of years ago they were $4.99 and $5.99.

Latest posts

Back