What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't looking forward to this meal to be honest, but Mrs. khristyjeff's General Tso's Cauliflower was very tasty.
Enough hot sauce kills the flavor of even cauliflower! It even works with eggplant, although for the texture you need cyanide. ;)

This is what I ate for dinner tonight. My friend bought him a pellet smoker that he found on trimthatweed.com, and he decided to invite my family and me to his house to try to cook something with it. We made some fish with lemon and vegetables and ate all this with a glass of white wine. It was really delicious. I'm not a big fan of fish and seafood, but I was pretty impressed that I would probably try to make them at home. So yeah, 10/10, totally would recommend.
241746653_150791553900616_2176074945058119814_n.jpg

Nice! Welcome to WMT!

This is what I ate for dinner tonight. My friend bought him a pellet smoker that he found on trimthatweed.com, and he decided to invite my family and me to his house to try to cook something with it. We made some fish with lemon and vegetables and ate all this with a glass of white wine. It was really delicious. I'm not a big fan of fish and seafood, but I was pretty impressed that I would probably try to make them at home. So yeah, 10/10, totally would recommend.
View attachment 81215

welcome to WineMakingTalk
smoked fish can be fantastic, I grew up with smoked chubs, salmon, and 15 lb trout
My friend bought him a pellet smoker that he found on ,, and he decided to invite my family and me to his house to try to cook something with it. We made some fish with lemon and vegetables and ate all this with a glass of white wine. It was really delicious. I'm not a big fan of fish and seafood, but I was pretty impressed that I would probably try to make them at home. So yeah, 10/10, totally would recommend.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Going to sis's for a family get together. She wanted two turkeys (may be over 15 people) and had me do a smoked small one (only 11 lbs). Was rather cold this morning when I started, but it got done rather quickly. Will rest and carve in chunks and keep warm. Hoping it will retain some moisture until dinner at 2 pm...might have to add some stock to the steaming pan I'm going to put it in. Will let sit in a 170*F oven, covered, until time to trek 35 minutes to her place. Used some applewood with the charcoal on the Weber bullet smoker.

11-25-21_turkey-1.jpg

11-25-21_turkey-2.jpg

11-25-21_turkey-3.jpg

Yum!

My wife and I decided air the years ago to allow our kids to visit with the ex and the in-laws at Thanksgiving, plus our Anniversary is the 24th. So we spent the week down in Florida. We had shrimp and scallops with green beans and rice. Wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Plus 70 F on the beach.

A full week of seafood is a great plus.
PXL_20211125_233024818.jpg

Latest posts

Back