What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been too b̶u̶s̶y̶ LAZY to post dinners lately. Here is one.

Roasted Brussels sprouts (Grana Padano); roasted fingerling potatoes with smoked paprika; okra with onions and tomatoes; mixture of collard greens and Swiss chard; roasted pork tenderloin with fresh sage and garlic, with a side of sauteed mushrooms, garlic, and thyme in a Marsala reduction sauce.IMG_2741.JPG

Last edited:
Last night I made a filled pork tenderloin, which Mrs. WM81 really liked. This is more a method than a recipe, but I recorded the details so I can reproduce it.

It was served with a grande reserve Vouvray. While the wine is not dry, it went well with the pork and acorn squash.

pork-on-plate.jpg

This was last night, but it took the pix some 24 hours to make it through the ether to my computer, for some reason. :?

For a semi-special occasion (friend was released from the hospital after an operation), we indulged a bit. Rack of lamb (crusted in mustard, fresh rosemary, garlic, parsley, and panko), then roasted to rare to med. rare. Shrimp with a butter/lemon/cumin/coriander/turmeric sauce. Roasted artichokes. Polenta with Black Label Cambazola. Puree of browned then steamed broccoli and cauliflower with lots of sauteed garlic. Simple side salad with ho-made vinaigrette.

Washed down with a 2017 Klinker Brick Lodi OVZ that pleased me a lot.

IMG_2743.JPGIMG_2748.JPG

Latest posts

Back