What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baked Feta and Cherry Tomato.........

1635124160210.jpeg

Cost for dinner $3.50

Add left over bacon wrapped filet ......

1635124255113.jpeg

Total cost $5.50......

Add 2012 WA State Proper Wine Syrah........ 93pts WS

1635124348184.png

Total dinner cost $45.50! :db

Sunday Night Satisfaction..........

Priceless!

Nasty storms coming through during the dinner hours tonight, so I went with this instead of grilling. A combo of thighs and BSB's.

https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/oven-baked-chicken-thighs/
It's very good - maybe a little too much honey and mustard (depending on your taste), but I think I'd only back them off slightly and maybe add a touch of vinegar and some herbs. Turned out great though. Rice in the cooker done in chicken stock and butter, with some dried parsley and S&P. Mixed green and arugula salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

1635208603793.jpeg

1635208622845.jpeg

Baked brown rice (butter, sage, mushroom stock); peas (sauteed onions, basil); dried lima beans (cilantro); sauteed beet greens, mushrooms, onions, braised in beef stock; roasted Romanesco broccoli with garlic/lemon/capers sauce.

You may dimly recall that I learned about baked, stick-o'-butter rice here. (Looking at you, @Boatboy24 !)

IMG_2616.JPG

Baked brown rice (butter, sage, mushroom stock); peas (sauteed onions, basil); dried lima beans (cilantro); sauteed beet greens, mushrooms, onions, braised in beef stock; roasted Romanesco broccoli with garlic/lemon/capers sauce.

You may dimly recall that I learned about baked, stick-o'-butter rice here. (Looking at you, @Boatboy24 !)

View attachment 80344

Honestly, it looks like a fantastic meal and your pics had me drooling. But I have to ask: 🤣

1635209851204.png

I was in a cooking rut, looking to do something different:

pork 1.jpg

I butterflied a pork tenderloin, opened it up and pounded thin. Sprinkled with a bit of paprika salt, then sliced mozzarella and goat cheese. Folded it over, sprinkled with a Mediterranean-style blend I created. Then sprayed with oil and dusted with Parmesan and Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Baked at 350 F for 40 minutes. Served with baked potato and butternut squash.

pork 2.jpg

Mrs. WM81 was very pleased.

The second tenderloin in the package is marinating in red wine and the Mediterranean seasoning. Tonight we're having scaloppini!!

I'll dust the pieces in cornstarch, pan fry, and make a wine sauce. Probably serve over pasta with leftover squash or spaghetti squash.

We enjoyed lentils with carrots, onions, ho-made stock, etc.; roasted artichokes; sauteed cabbage, mushrooms, and onions with red pepper; green beans with cream and that Saint Agur bleu cheese that I posted elsewhere; pork chops, garden-grown sage, and butter braised in a white wine (ho-made Vidal) pan sauce.

IMG_2625.JPGIMG_2628.JPGIMG_2629.JPG

Photobomb! (Sorry about that.)

After a long hard day, I made a pork tenderloin (toasted coriander and fennel, S&P, browned in butter with thyme sprigs and whole garlic); deep-fried artichoke hearts with grana padano and truffle oil; sauteed spinach with garlic and EVOO; roasted "teinturier" purple potatoes with rosemary and marjoram; seared shishito peppers with lime and salt; side salad with no lettuce, only arugula, frisee, and cilantro. (All we had in!).

IMG_2638.JPGIMG_2639.JPGIMG_2641.JPGIMG_2643.JPGIMG_2644.JPG

Last edited:
Photobomb! (Sorry about that.)

After a long hard day, I made a pork tenderloin (toasted coriander and fennel, S&P, browned in butter with thyme sprigs and whole garlic); deep-fried artichoke hearts with grana padano and truffle oil; sauteed spinach with garlic and EVOO; roasted "teinturier" purple potatoes with rosemary and marjoram; seared shishito peppers with lime and salt; side salad with no lettuce, only arugula, frisee, and cilantro. (All we had in!).

asdf

View attachment 80520View attachment 80521View attachment 80522View attachment 80523View attachment 80524

1635677209468.png

Roasted delicata squash (coriander, cinammon); sauteed spinach with lots of garlic and EVOO; roasted fennel with ground fennel seasoning and pecorino; broiled flanken short ribs with a Moroccan seasoning mix (cumin, paprika, ginger, cayenne, coriander, cinammon, salt...); salad with lettuce, frisee, arugula, 'shrooms, parm, etc.

So much for meatless Monday! :slp

IMG_2459 copy.jpg

I was going to roast a chicken tonight, along w/ some good sides and veg. Sadly, work got in the way and there was no way I was going to pull that meal off before 9pm. So, fridge/freezer diving was in order. Kiddos got some chicken dumplings with ho-made sauce and a not-so-fancy salad. Mrs BB had some leftover takeout in the fridge, so that left me on my own. Found a small packet of pulled pork and a potato-broccoli gratin in the freezer. Made a 'pulled pork pancake' topped with a Piedmont style sauce, along with a tater side. In hindsight, should've probably had some salad too.

1635900532888.jpeg

Latest posts

Back