What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now in KC, MO visiting Mrs IB's folks for a few days. Went to a breakfast place just down the road called "First Watch". I ordered the short rib omelet.........

View attachment 79492

Been in a food coma the rest of the day. needless to say this was breakfast, lunch and dinner! o_O

Another great breakfast place in the KC area is called the Big Biscuit. My wife and I try to hit one of them every time we venture to the Western Side of Missouri. There are a couple in the Kansas side as well.

We had the purple potatoes from above, roasted, and served with sage; roasted cauliflower with rosemary; blanched and then sauteed mustard greens and onions, seasoned with curry; a side salad; chuck steak cooked sous vide, then seared and served with sauteed mushrooms, shallots, garlic, and thyme (with some soy and sherry reduction).

IMG_2519.JPGIMG_2520.JPG

First time trying gluten-free crazy crust pizza. They look and smell good. We'll see when they cool. BBQ pork butt and grilled pork chop meat, green olives, black olives, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, with the DiIulio Family marinara sauce.

IMG_2415.JPG

I didn't realize you were celiac.

My wife is gluten intolerant. That's not celiac, but bad enough with aches and pains, etc., with gluten exposure. That's why I brew only GF beers. The pizzas were fabulous. I can tell zero difference between Bob's Red Mill GF flour and regular flour, other than that the Bob's takes more milk to make it batter consistency.

My MIL that we just visited in KC, MO is celiac. As was her father. They have really made strides and have closed the gap between the GF foodstuffs and their counterparts. I made the Baked Feta with Cherry Tomato, Basil and Pasta (TikTok recipe) while there for a family get together one evening. Made two dishes of course. Could not tell the difference between the GF pasta the the regular in a blind taste test. No leftovers of either dish.

My wife is gluten intolerant. That's not celiac, but bad enough with aches and pains, etc., with gluten exposure. That's why I brew only GF beers. The pizzas were fabulous. I can tell zero difference between Bob's Red Mill GF flour and regular flour, other than that the Bob's takes more milk to make it batter consistency.

Saturday night......... Pizza night!

1633827794471.jpeg

1633827813495.jpeg

Made @Boatboy24 favorite Hawaiian pizza night with Canadian Bacon, pineapple and of course green chile!

Also did an experimental pizza dough with 50/50 AP and Bread flour (KA) with Pepperoni, Italian sausage and sliced jalapeños.

The experimental 50/50 crust blend was definitely superior. Now to see if it was the new 50/50 blend or the fact that it was fresh and not frozen......

Always something to do a research paper on it seems even in retirement!

Tonight was a bonified toss up. The SRF boneless wagyu ribeye was amazing. But at $60 a pop compared to the $2 bacon wrapped filet mignon which was almost as amazing......

Even Mrs IB was scratching her head. Mad props to the WooHoo Filet. Bang for Buck the hands down winner but the Ribeye was more tastier but it cost 30X more!

1633918513377.jpeg

Latest posts

Back