What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a nice weekend. Happy belated anniversary.
Thanks! In recent years we have been having a small celebration in July and then a trip in September or October. Prices are lower, crowds are MUCH less, and we have a good time.

My wife made homemade Chicken Stock and then Chicken Noodle Soup for supper.

PXL_20210921_210924676.jpg

Then I ran over to get a haircut. Next door to the haircut place is a small meat market. Big sign on the front TBone Steaks on sale $4.99/lb. We have purchased from them many times, they specialize in grass-fed locally sourced beef. So for supper tonight we had grilled steaks, grilled white and sweet potato halves, washed down with an Uber Tuscan. My wife wasn't upset at all.

PXL_20210921_225040650.jpg
PXL_20210921_231625161.jpg

Orzo cooked "risotto-style," with tomato paste, fish sauce, Grana Padano, and basil; sauteed/braised Swiss chard (jalapenos, onions); roasted fennel slices and Swiss chard ribs; okra braised with tomatoes and onions (marjoram); and seared Coho salmon with sage butter.

IMG_2455.JPGIMG_2454.JPG

Orzo cooked "risotto-style," with tomato paste, fish sauce, Grana Padano, and basil; sauteed/braised Swiss chard (jalapenos, onions); roasted fennel slices and Swiss chard ribs; okra braised with tomatoes and onions (marjoram); and seared Coho salmon with sage butter.

View attachment 79015View attachment 79016
Was that salmon as raw as it looks in the photos?

I presume you do not eat sushi much or ceviche for that matter :)

Grandkids are spending the night tonight. I told them we are having pancakes with fish for breakfast tomorrow. My granddaughter told me she is allergic to fish, unless it's in sushi. It made me think of this conversation.

Latest posts

Back