What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased flatbread at Aldi's with the plan to make a quickie pizza. Made a quick sauce (diced tomatoes, splash of wine, seasonings, simmered for 10 minutes then cooled), added mushrooms and salami.

The remainder of a package of prosciutto beckoned to me, so a few slices went on top, followed by Mexican and Italian cheese blends, plus Romano.

Mrs. WM81 was very pleased when she got home from work!

pizza.jpg

gas stove, back at home in CT I've always used electric for over 2 decades.
I cooked with gas for decades and then got saddled with electric. No comparison at all. Gas is infanitely better. However, we now have an induction cooktop and it's almost as good as gas. You have instant heat control and it's much easier to clean than those gas burners.

Store was about out of baby back ribs, so I snagged a couple of packages plus a chicken, which I spatchcocked. Both went into the smoker for yesterday's dinner.

Black on the outside, juicy inside!

Mrs. WM81 & I had to suffer with leftovers tonight ... no surprise there was barely enough left for us. ;)

ribs.jpg

Tried new recipe, coke, bourbon spray and glaze on BB ribs. Used the very last bits of Kingsford I had but they kept flaming out on me, really odd. Finally switched to my gas grill but with the two hours of starting and stoping of the charcoal they ended up a little firmer than I prefer but the flavor was really nice. Made up a simple macaroni salad and corn relish to accompany.

Anyone else had Charcoal misbehave? Maybe humidity (monsoon) or age??
bourbonribs.jpg

Saturday when the kids visited and we smoked ribs & chicken, my wife cooked a medium-sized potato per person. We had ribs, chicken, lots of crusty bread, and a large salad. Only half of a potato was eaten.

This is poor planning, right?

Nope! Always have extra food in case someone is extra hungry or an extra mouth shows up ... and if none of the above happens? FRIED POTATOES with onion!

Kids are gone home, just Mrs WM81 and me suffering out way through grilled ribeyes, fried potatoes, and a big salad ....

potatoes.jpg

Latest posts

Back