What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, no Costco down here unfortunately but that bottle I brought 3 months ago in my last visit and gave to a very good friend, who saved it until I came back 👍

There’s a place called PriceSmart which is identical as Costco, and some people say it is Costco owned but I cannot use my Costco membership card here since they have other rules, but again you go in and you feel like inside a Costco warehouse.

There’s a place called PriceSmart which is identical as Costco, and some people say it is Costco owned but I cannot use my Costco membership card here since they have other rules, but again you go in and you feel like inside a Costco warehouse.

You're down there enough that a membership might prove invaluable. ;)

YearEvents
1976Price Club founded by Sol and Robert Price
1993The Price Co. and Costco Wholesale Club merge, forming Price/Costco Inc (later renamed Costco Wholesale Corporation)
1994Price Enterprises Inc spun off from Price/Costco
Robert Price named Chairman, President and CEO of Price Enterprises
PriceSmart operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Price Enterprises

Pork tenderloin filets, topped with prosciutto and a bit of mozzarella with leftover rice/quinoa/pearl couscous pilaf, and salad.

I clean the tenderloins, cut in 2" slices, turn on edge, and pound thin. One tenderloin was last night's dinner, the other is marinating with a Syrian shish-kebab marinade (olive oil, allspice, seasoned salt, black pepper, and granulated garlic) for tonight's dinner. I'm thinking I'll buy plain yogurt and make tzatziki to go with it.

pork scalopine.jpg

YearEvents
1993The Price Co. and Costco Wholesale Club merge, forming Price/Costco Inc (later renamed Costco Wholesale Corporation)

Good info and good to know.

We had Price Club in ABQ when we first moved here back in the late 80's.

"Price Club merged with rival Costco in 1993 and the combined company was known as PriceCostco. For a brief period, Price Club and Costco continued to operate as two separate stores with members of either chain being able to shop at both stores with their membership cards. In 1997, PriceCostco became Costco Wholesale Corporation and the remaining Price Clubs were rebranded as Costco."

YearEvents

Corn is fresh from the garden right now. I made a Thai inspired curried corn soup with lemongrass and coconut milk. It was delicious.

240393757_239314051417577_7008995711432736733_n.jpg
And wash it down with a glass of fine Rhubarb Wine!

Latest posts

Back