What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a beef tenderloin filet, dry-brined, then grilled hard. Served with mushrooms (red wine reduction) and compound butter (fresh rosemary, thyme, and lemon). We also enjoyed pinto beans with cilantro, garlic, and EOO; sauteed spinach with garlic and lemon; parboiled green beans, which were then grilled with red onions and served with herbes de Provence. And a salad with lots of good greeens. Topped off with a dessert of grilled peaches with cream, and all washed down with a Seven Deadly Zins.

IMG_2229.JPGIMG_2230.JPG

Artichokes with basil/lemon/butter dipping sauce; braised kale and onions with marjoram; grilled yellow squash with Za'atar; pinto beans and cilantro; sautéed mushrooms, with a reduction sauce of red wine, soy, and beef stock; lamburgers with fresh rosemary, topped with "cheater aioli" (garlic, lemon, mayonnaise) with truffle oil. And grilled peaches with heavy cream for dessert.

IMG_2237.JPGIMG_2238.JPG64912337085__BEAB941D-FE08-4E7D-A0D8-4E2454AB4692.JPG

lightly brazed catch of the day
with a freshly picked garden salad
and for desert
a crunchy multi colored grains medley

94C3F425-9C80-4073-887B-D763B868AD72.jpeg
BDD7B246-EFD3-4E1D-B6BC-12AC9FF87787.jpeg
sometimes I laugh at how marketing describes a new product launch, , , , “bugs microwaved 30 seconds”
, , I read in journal of food technology France is the leading producer of culinary insects

Last edited:
We went to a viewing near dinner time, so we came home and really rushed to put this together. Grilled green beans and garlic scapes (red onions, marjoram); grilled corn-off-the-cob (butter, garlic, tarragon); a broccoli/arugula/potato puree courtesy of Mrs. Sour Grapes; grilled halibut with a butter/lemon/basil sauce. Dessert was grilled peaches and heavy cream.

IMG_2244.JPGIMG_2245.JPG

Yesterday we celebrated my son's birthday with a simple meal of ribeye steak, baked potato, fresh corn, and a nice Rioja. Plus an 18 yo cheddar cheese, which didn't last long ...

I dunno, I would say that 18 years is a long time for a cheese to last... :?

:p

I dunno, I would say that 18 years is a long time for a cheese to last...
It is more accurate to say the cheese survived 18 quiet years, then passed in a quick bout of gluttony. But it did not pass alone, a Rioja volunteered to accompany it past the Pearly Gates and into the Alimentary Canal of Eternity.

Latest posts

Back