What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grilled green beans (tarragon) and garlic scapes; artichokes with basil/butter/lemon dipping sauce; grilled potatoes (paprika, etc.); sauteed/braised Swiss chard (onions, sherry, coriander); grilled sablefish with a brown butter sauce with garlic, sage, and white wine.

IMG_2168.JPG

Corn ON the cob (for a change) with curry seasoning. Sauteed spinach with lots of EVOO and garlic; butter beans with basil, garlic, and, well, butter; broiled cod with a peach/cilantro/red onion/lime/jalapeno salsa; also an unremarkable side salad.

IMG_2193.jpg

Last edited:
Last night: Liver and onions, mashed taters, peas and bacon on the side. All cooked in bacon fat!:p Washed down with a 2017 WE Shiraz.

View attachment 76624
Liver and onions...................one of my favorite comfort food items. I also make it with mashed potatoes and peas, but I also make a mushroom gravy to pour over the potatoes and liver..................Yum!!....................................DizzyIzzy

I made mussels with bacon, mushrooms, shallots, stock, white wine, garlic, parsley, bleu cheese, with leftover sablefish mixed in. Served with toast; wax beans (onions, garlic, lemon, thyme, cilantro, and sambal oelek); sautéed cabbage with onions and apple cider vinegar; boiled artichoke with lemon/butter/basil dipping sauce.

But Jim's looks better! :)

IMG_2219.JPGIMG_2221.JPG

Back