What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flank steak marinated for about 8 hours in soy, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Out of the marinade and into the sous vide for about 2 hours at 131F, then seared on the gas grill. Served with sesame soba noodles and roasted broccoli with garlic, tossed with soy and sesame oil.

View attachment 74569

View attachment 74570

View attachment 74571

View attachment 74572

I'v got to try some flank steak! I also use sous vide method for cooking. this looks fantastic!

We enjoyed Moussaka, which comprises a layer of potatoes, a layer of ground lamb (simmered in onions, garlic, cinnamon, allspice, tomatoes, and red wine), and a layer of roasted eggplants, topped with a bechamel sauce. We also had roasted PURPLE artichokes (not that you can tell after roasting :) ), and sauteeed spinach with lots of garlic, EVOO, capers, and preserved lemons.

IMG_1828.JPGIMG_1829.JPG

Any luck this time around, Fred?

It cooked like it should have, got to 195, wrapped it at 185 but it just didn't turn out very well. I just don't think it was a very good piece of meat. Bought it from a farmer's market, it was frozen and I don't know how old it was. It did have a funky smell once I thawed it and was trimming the fat. Third time wasn't a charm, perhaps the fourth time.

Shrimp in a lemon/butter/garlic/parsley/Calabrian peppers/wine/thyme/Parmigiano-Reggiano sauce over angel hair pasta; roasted yellow squash (crusted with panko and Parm with marjoram); roasted fennel wedges; roasted green beans with toasted sesame seeds.

64316253163__C01391D1-112E-469A-ACB3-EADB3E64FC2D.JPG

Last edited:
Monday was pizza night. When my wife left for work, she had no idea what I was going to make for dinner. I had pizza on the brain, so I ran to the store at lunch time to get supplies, and started the dough in mid-afternoon.

She gets home, sniffs, and asks "what's for dinner?"

"Pizza."

BIG smile! "When I left work I was hoping you'd make pizza!"

Yeah, we've been married long enough that sometimes it's like we read each other's minds ...

I make the dough in a bread machine, found this recipe and really love it. Each batch makes 1 pie. The sauce recipe I invented has proven great over 3 uses. I pre-cook the pepperoni on paper towels in the microwave to remove grease, and put the pepperoni and mushrooms on the sauce, then the cheese. One pie has olives, which my wife doesn't like, so I put ingredients like that on the top for easy identification.

pizza.jpg

Latest posts

Back