What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hey Siri, don't you dare burning the cookies..!!" lol

Congrats Mike, it is a beautiful unit for sure and hope it will last you guys for many years.

I am really into learning home smart automation and hoping to implement some at an apartment I may be buying in the DR later this year. Smart locks, smart lighting, door bells, etc etc.

LOL Me too after the last lemon we purchased......

We are about as automated as I want (I think). All the lights are smart bulbs (Hue) and can be controlled via Alexa or Phone app. Thermostat, Nest Protect CO/smoke detector, outdoor security cameras, indoor security cameras, HDTV's and AV Receivers, Air Conditioner. Everything is connected in some way including the cars for updates to Apple CarPlay etc.

Have locks that are keypad but not network connected. I can enter temporary unlock codes for dog sitters etc and then delete them when the job is over. At some point I may upgrade but I will wait for better encryption and overall technology of those to mature a bit more before jumping in on them.

"Hey Siri, don't you dare burning the cookies..!!" lol

Congrats Mike, it is a beautiful unit for sure and hope it will last you guys for many years.

I am really into learning home smart automation and hoping to implement some at an apartment I may be buying in the DR later this year. Smart locks, smart lighting, door bells, etc etc.

LOL Me too after the last lemon we purchased......

We are about as automated as I want (I think). All the lights are smart bulbs (Hue) and can be controlled via Alexa or Phone app. Thermostat, Nest Protect CO/smoke detector, outdoor security cameras, indoor security cameras, HDTV's and AV Receivers, Air Conditioner. Everything is connected in some way including the cars for updates to Apple CarPlay etc.

Have locks that are keypad but not network connected. I can enter temporary unlock codes for dog sitters etc and then delete them when the job is over. At some point I may upgrade but I will wait for better encryption and overall technology of those to mature a bit more before jumping in on them.

Read into the newer better communication called thread....so interesting and much better than Bluetooth.

Obviously we still have work to do on the kitchen walls but we just finished installing this range today. Zline dual fuel gas and electric convection oven in cobalt blue. Its going to be so much nicer than what I have been using.
20210407_155632.jpg

Nice! I saw one at Lowes when we were looking around. So does this have electric oven then? Where does the heating element reside?

Obviously we still have work to do on the kitchen walls but we just finished installing this range today. Zline dual fuel gas and electric convection oven in cobalt blue. Its going to be so much nicer than what I have been using.

Looks great @ibglowin! We ended up replacing our electric cooktop with a new gas slide-in oven/range and new ducted exhaust. Actually having the smells and heat go outside is a miracle, much less the great control of cooking with gas. The first is the "before" and the second is the "after."

IMG_2128.JPG

135503555_2832580183681642_3630309460491304344_n (1).jpg

Beautiful! Looks like a GE Profile? Fantastic looking makeover!

Looks great @ibglowin! We ended up replacing our electric cooktop with a new gas slide-in oven/range and new ducted exhaust. Actually having the smells and heat go outside is a miracle, much less the great control of cooking with gas. The first is the "before" and the second is the "after."

View attachment 73145

View attachment 73146

Angel hair with ho-made tomato sauce with mushrooms, sauteed garlic, and grilled sausage; steamed/roasted artichokes with hollandaise-based lemon/butter dip; sauteed fennel and onions with sherry and white wine. (Don't worry about the small portion -- I had seconds! :) )

IMG_1662.jpg

Last edited:
ibglowin yes it is the electric oven with convection and gas rangetop. I liked the cobalt blue because that is how all my dishes are decorated and my entire kitchen will be cobalt blue and white in a country French style. Besides the convection feature I really like the range of power on the cooktop burners from the big one on the front left (Great for my canniing activities) as well as the very small one on the back that will we really nice for just keeping something warm. I'm excited to be able to start using it! When the wall is finished there will be a tile backsplash with a medallion behind the stove that is a blue willow still life. I will do the tiling myself. I love doing it.

My first cook in the GE Cafe' tonight and it went excellent! Made up some ho-made quiche using some of the leftover smoked ham from Easter. One ham & spinach, the other ham, green chile (of course) and tomato. Perfect crust perfect browning on top, no spillage. I did tell Alexa to preheat the oven to 375F and she did while I was prepping. Then I told her to set an oven timer to 40 min and that happened as well. I did NOT need to rotate the pan midway! Convection bake worked just as advertised.

Happy Camper! :db

1617925261365.jpeg

1617925278727.jpeg

1617925297241.jpeg

LOL Can't wait till Sunday to bake some bread in it. I had some room in the bottle shed so it is in storage for a few months as a back up just in case. Then it's off to Habitat for Humanity.

We still have an LG Microwave we purchased at the same time as the LG Range. Its been reliable so far and the one thing it has that I have not seen on other over the oven microwaves is an extended vent-a-hood. That is pretty nice. You depress the vent and it pops out another 6" over the range for better draw on anything on the front burners. It's also vented to the outside via a pipe that goes through the ceiling.

Saw that GE Cafe' makes a matching microwave. Its only $1100........ LOL

Nothing matches at all now.

Samsung French door fridge
Maytag Dishwsher
GE Range
LG Microwave

At least they are all SS!

The only problem I see is that you no longer have an excuse for cooking ANYTHING to less than perfection. Glad your replacement is meeting your expectations and LG now stands for Long Gone!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back