What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to take pictures. (I know it didn't really happen), kids decided to visit inlaws and t or go camping for four Easter, so wife and I were alone. Picked up a five pound brisket flat. This had to be one of the longest cos for such a small piece of meat. Into the smoker this morning at about 10 am, standard 225F, verified with an external temp probe and one in the meat. Wrapped at 170F at 230, then it only made it up to 175 by 430, wife was getting anxious, so liked the temp up to 265F. Got it to 190 (really wanted it higher) by 530. Pulled it cubed it up, added some bbq sauce and back in the smoker for an hour to caramelize it some. Tasted really good, but could have used some extra cooking. Not falk apart tender, like I wanted. Oh well, the bbq beans and potato salad turned out well and all worked together. Lunches all week long.
All that time ........ hours and hours...... and you "forgot" to take pictures?? Truth is you bought a canned ham and ate it cold, right? 🤣

I had a small pork shoulder (~1.5 lbs), which I smoked/grilled low and slow all day with BBQ spices. The pulled pork turned out good, not great. We also enjoyed navy beans (garlic, parsley, etc.); broccoli rabe (EVOO, garlic, gochujang); and artichokes (steamed, then grilled, served with a hollandaise-based dipping sauce, additionally with mustard, EVOO, and truffle oil).

IMG_1654.JPG
IMG_1652.JPG
IMG_1656.jpeg

Last edited:
All that time ........ hours and hours...... and you "forgot" to take pictures?? Truth is you bought a canned ham and ate it cold, right? 🤣

Well, It wasn't so much forgot as after all that time SWMBO wasn't going to wait for me to take a few pictures, she was starting to get hangry. I suppose that happens when you expect a 4-5 hour cook and end up with lots more. I'll try to get a pic of the burnt ends result, but it isn't nearly as impressive.

Just vegetable soup. Low cal, low fat, high flavor!

169151798_10102964954075399_1516283096575545662_n.jpg

Flanken-style short ribs, seared, then braised with mushrooms and onions, served with bibimbap sauce; braised baby bok choy (garlic, gochujang pepper); sautéed green beans and onions with sesame oil and soy; roasted butternut squash with curry; and homemade kimchi.

IMG_1660L.JPG

I want to try that gojuchang sauce sometme. I've never had it but the ingredient list sounds good. sour_grapes your granite looks exactly like what I am putting in the house we are renovating. Silver Wave is the name of the style I am using. Looks the same.

I want to try that gojuchang sauce sometme. I've never had it but the ingredient list sounds good. sour_grapes your granite looks exactly like what I am putting in the house we are renovating. Silver Wave is the name of the style I am using. Looks the same.

Korean kalbi short ribs with gojuchang to give it some kick is to die for. Slow braised then under a broiler or on a grill for a few minutes to crisp them up

Wow! What make is your range? I'm remodeling a kitchen and in the process of placing the range. The kitchen isn't finished, but I'll get a picture today when I'm over there.

Well for one we just took it out for its inaugural bake and it didn't burn things at the back of the oven and leave it almost raw in the front like the LG did on everything so that is priceless IMHO. Its almost top of the line GE, you can go Profile for cheaper but Profile did not have a Proofing option which I am using every week these days for bread or pizza dough. Its really well made with 6 burners and heavy duty grates and it came with a heavy duty griddle (for the center) and not an optional purchase like it is on the lower priced models. It is wifi enabled so I can start the oven in the AM while I am still in bed and then it will send me a push notification when the oven is up to temp. I can also change oven settings via wifi and check a timer via wifi. Lots of things that are neat but the real problem was we had a shitty oven with the electric LG.

So far Mrs IB is very happy with the first cook. This weekend will try it out on some sourdough bread.

1617809032598.jpeg

Last edited:
Back