What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coho salmon, marinated then baked in lemon, Dijon, cilantro, garlic, EVOO; mukimame beans roasted with garlic and green olives; roasted potato wedges; sauteed/braised lacinato kale with onions and garlic. Washed down with a VERY young Seyval blanc (2020, from juice). Meh. Probably needed some backsweetening, but I was too lazy!IMG_1479.JPGIMG_1482.JPG

Last edited:
No, actually the LG........

Not on CONV Bake of course. 450 regular bake so the fan only kicks in every now and then. I had to turn it a couple times as usual as it burns the crap out of it in the back.........

Looking at ranges this past week as they are on sale for Presidents Day but they are all CRAP still for the most part......

Will more than likely purchase from Costco as they double the warranty and will take back stuff without arguing compared to the Big Box stores......

Pizza turned out great, Mrs IB approved so..........

WINNING! :db

Who doesn't love dessert for dinner? Yesterday we hosted a "Flights of Fancy" dessert and wine pairing at the winery. It was wonderful. Of course I featured house made vegan desserts paired with our wines.

First course:

Lemon cake with a lemon curd filling and lemon buttercream frosting served with blueberry coulis. Wine pairing: Frontenac Blanc - crisp acidic with lemon zesty flavors to complement the cake.

149251008_3563981563701214_3333350933383086915_o.jpg

Second course:

Fresh berry tart with a vanilla cardamom pudding filling. Wine pairing: Prairie Rosé - a blend of our favorite cold climate white grapes and a kiss of red Frontenac.

148923642_3563981593701211_1700687761230856509_o.jpg

Third course:

Dark chocolate expresso mousse with a coconut cream served with a house made chocolate covered potato chip and chocolate covered plantain chip. Wine pairing: Rail Line Red - a medium sweet red wine made from Frontenac with bright red fruits and dark mocha notes.

148976097_3563981663701204_3926193643616632426_o.jpg

@GreginND : not only do the desserts look great, but your presentation is awesome. I really just want to dive into those plates.

I haven't made paella in a long time, but I have a good recipe for doing on the Weber in a CI skillet. Certainly not something you want to do this time of year, but I'm actually thinking about it after your posts, @geek. BTW, that grilled seafood platter looks incredible.

I made a house favorite. Lemony Shrimp and Risotto. Had a heck of a time tracking down the arborio rice but finally did. Side of oven roasted broccolini. Washed it down with some Tolosa "Pure" Chard. No oak, no malo and aged in SS Tank so it is as crisp and clean as a Sauv Blanc. We enjoyed an app of smoked Alaskan salmon with cream cheese, garlic, capers and dill on baked crostini (sourdough baguette) and washed that down with some Gruet Sauvage bubbles.

1613400522107.jpeg

1613400538908.jpeg

Tandoori chicken, 'tandoori' roasted cauliflower, and spinach and garbanzo bean curry. Flavor town!

View attachment 71623

Oh my goodness, that looks good. I love tandoori anything and will have to try some cauliflower. I also have been thinking about a seitan version of the chicken. I like that you didn't use artificial red coloring. :)

Latest posts

Back