What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A grass-fed chuck steak -- check out that marbling!

Following a Marcella Hazen recipe, I seared that steak but left it underdone; I then then made a reduction sauce of sherry and ho-made 2017 Syrah, with fresh garlic, fennel, and Calabrian peppers. The steak was then finished off cooking in the sauce, and garnished with parsley. I tried some lion's mane 'shrooms, sauteed and finished with garlic and butter. Nice, but a little bitter (I think because they were a bit old?). I served this with leftover potato wedges, mizuna greens, and bacon gremolata from a few days ago. Finally, I sauteed some pieces of ho-made bacon, then cooked some red Napa cabbage and leeks in the fat, and added some apple cider vinegar at the end. Not bad!

All washed down with a WE Eclipse Nebbiolo.

IMG_1156.JPGIMG_1157.JPG62570768090__1A8867FC-DED7-43D6-B8E8-1336F0CB36E3.JPG62570818499__12811CEA-FA59-4466-A71A-CDE58F6B0330.JPG

Last edited:
What's for brunch! My reward for cooking 2 1/4 lbs of bacon this morning. Tomatoes from the, believe it or not, still live tomato plant I'm growing hydroponically on our porch. Lettuce from the basement grow. Yum!

View attachment 67660
Is that mayo I see or bleu cheese??? :sp

Tried something a little different tonight with a pork tenderloin. Split it in two, slathered it with olive oil, garlic, sage, and a few other spices and seasonings, rolled each piece up, skewered them, rolled them in crumbs and roasted in a 375° oven. Came out pretty good. Next time I'll pound them out a bit to get more "rolls".
1604191082524.png

Pan-seared Chilkoot Sockeye salmon served smothered in a creamy beurre blanc sauce with sherry vinegar, Chardonnay, shallots, etc. (from Joel Rubichon/Patricia Wells); roasted sweet dumpling squash (coriander, butter, cardamom); roasted carrots and parsnips with onions; and roasted Romanesco broccoli with a sauce of shallots/capers/lemon/butter. All washed down with a WE Eclipse Chard.

IMG_1169.JPGIMG_1170.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back