What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which reminds me its time to place your Holiday orders from Costco!

View attachment 67498

Wow! That is only just under $91 per pound! What a freakin' deal! Or, and this is only a suggestion, you could just run an IV of rendered fat into your artery and by-pass all the work.

After considering everyone's comments I decided to go with a ceramic kamado. The next decision was which one. I'm probably going to go with a Kamado Joe Big Joe II. The gasket, hinge and the fact it comes as a complete unit rather than ala carte swayed my decision not to mention I thought the quality was better. The problem is there is none available. Well there was one at a place that also had a BGE XL and a Primo 400 but they wanted too much. I can order one from Costco for $1700 but when you read the reviews the only bad comment is they take a lot longer than the advertised 2-3 weeks to get. There's a used 2017 in Raleigh NC for 1K and comes with a rotisserie and a WIFI temperature controller but it's a 4.5 hour drive each way. I'll pull the plug by Friday on which to get.

After considering everyone's comments I decided to go with a ceramic kamado. The next decision was which one. I'm probably going to go with a Kamado Joe Big Joe II. The gasket, hinge and the fact it comes as a complete unit rather than ala carte swayed my decision not to mention I thought the quality was better. The problem is there is none available. Well there was one at a place that also had a BGE XL and a Primo 400 but they wanted too much. I can order one from Costco for $1700 but when you read the reviews the only bad comment is they take a lot longer than the advertised 2-3 weeks to get. There's a used 2017 in Raleigh NC for 1K and comes with a rotisserie and a WIFI temperature controller but it's a 4.5 hour drive each way. I'll pull the plug by Friday on which to get.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kamado-Joe-Big-Joe-II/1002227536

Koji greens (which are like tatsoi) and leeks sauteed with sesame, soy, and red pepper; orzo cooked risotto-style, with scallions and cilantro; green beans with Cambazola; and Coho salmon marinated in soy/lime, then pan-seared, and served with a beurre-blanc sauce (rice vinegar and ho-made Vidal white wine). All washed down with a WE Eclipse Chard.

(I took a picture to show that the salmon was not overcooked, despite the hard sear, but the picture turned out very blurry!)

IMG_1154.JPG

I know this is the food thread, but I figured those of us who frequent here have an interest beyond just what the members here are cooking. I just watched the "Chef's Table" episode with Dario Cecchini on Netflix. Awesome story about a guy who wanted to be a Vet, and ended up being a butcher and restauranteur. Check it out.

Back