What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful weather here meant more grilling. Leftover grilled escarole hearts with an olive-based dressing described earlier; grilled potatoes with garlic and basil; baby Japanese eggplants, marinated in EVOO, balsamic vinegar, and hot Thai peppers, then grilled; and pastured pork rib chops, dry-brined, then slathered with garlic and toasted sesame oil, then grilled. Washed down with the 2017 H3 Syrah from grapes again. No complaints!

IMG_0835.JPGIMG_0837.JPG

You should trim it up the night before, season, wrap in plastic and place in fridge overnight. Get your grill ready to go the night before so all you have to do is get up, stumble out of bed, light the grill and get a cup of coffee and wait for it to come up to temp.

You never know if your going to need that extra hour or not but it is sure nice to have it if you get a stubborn brisket with a long stall........

You should trim it up the night before, season, wrap in plastic and place in fridge overnight. Get your grill ready to go the night before so all you have to do is get up, stumble out of bed, light the grill and get a cup of coffee and wait for it to come up to temp.

You never know if your going to need that extra hour or not but it is sure nice to have it if you get a stubborn brisket with a long stall........
Yeah, I actually thought about it but it was still thawing last night.
Next time!

it is going up after 4 hours .
B2C0EF31-EAD2-4913-8A43-E6CCD91B92B0.png

Worry a bit, we’re leaving the house around 4:30, less than 2 hours from now, to bring wife for dinner at a restaurant she likes.
An hour ago I added coals and the temp went up but I’m willing to leave it alone hoping I can wrap soon.
7CDAAC0B-6BF2-4DAA-B486-3156E2B974D8.png

We just came back home, brisket was done exactly before we left around 4ish, very surprised it only took exactly 7 hours total. Put it in cooler at that time and now will take it off the cooler and into the fridge until tomorrow, thanks Mike for the tips..!

That looks great. We’re having that tomorrow. Would you make any changes in the recipe?
I used more chicken than called for. More mushrooms. More sun dried tomatoes. I used vodka sauce. I added one cup heavy cream. So yea I tweaked it a lot! 😂

You ever had an appetizer while dining out (in another time I know) and you just wanted to have some of that now......

Let me tell you "Greek Fries" are the bOmB!

1596932479803.png

Lets just say we went basically vegan tonight........ LOL

I am in garlic/lemon/caper HEAVEN!

I had all the ingredients at the house/garden including all herbs and cukes for the tzatziki sauce.

I am sure I will pay for my sins later but for now I am in taste/smell sensory overload!

You ever had an appetizer while dining out (in another time I know) and you just wanted to have some of that now......

Let me tell you "Greek Fries" are the bOmB!

View attachment 64580

Lets just say we went basically vegan tonight........ LOL

I am in garlic/lemon/caper HEAVEN!

I had all the ingredients at the house/garden including all herbs and cukes for the tzatziki sauce.

I am sure I will pay for my sins later but for now I am in taste/smell sensory overload!

And you paired with...?

Latest posts

Back