What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used corn meal the first time but completely forgot to use anything other than a breath of flour - Amend to (Mistake 2-A). Can't wait for the next attempt although we're in another heat wave and firing up that kettle when it's already over 100 outside takes some serious dedication and commitment.

Amen to that. We are gonna run neck and neck with you this weekend to see who gets closest to the century mark I think......

we're in another heat wave and firing up that kettle when it's already over 100 outside takes some serious dedication and commitment.

I found that if I fork my dough, stuff leaks through in seconds.

Semolina is my new found friend, only used it a few times, but it is like ball bearings under that baby. I think that's how I shoved a pizza off into the coals on one of my "better" cooks recently.

Learn from mistakes, don't drink too much until after you eat, and always have an extra crust in waiting.

I did get a report back from my new neighbor up the street (Jay). He said the pizza I gave him recently was the best he, his wife and his neighbor (Mark) had tasted in years. They think I should open a shop and put the local guy at the marina out of business. Don't necessarily want to do that as my daughter is working there now, she'd never forgive me!

Another grilling night. I made grilled corn off-the-cob (grilled, then cut off into cast-iron pan with butter, garlic powder, ancho, and cumin); grilled cabbage wedges (oil, herbes de Provence); leftover grilled broccoli (lemon/butter/capers/garlic); grilled garlic scapes; and grilled cod (marinated in lemon juice, garlic, and jalapeños) served with mango-jalapeño salsa (also including red onion, cilantro, and lime). Also had grilled peaches with heavy cream. Moments later, the skies opened up again with severe thunderstorms and heavy rain. Phew!

And Jim? Yes, no bread!

IMG_0741.JPGIMG_0743.JPGIMG_0744.JPGIMG_0745.JPG

We've been counting calories again and walking a couple of miles each weekday for the past 4 weeks, went from 205 to 193 the first 3 weeks but I was stuck at 193 this mornings weigh-in. I guess staying in place this week, considering we were absolute pigs the 3rd, 4th and 5th, isn't really all that bad. Ultimate goal is around 180 so maybe another month, month and a half...... Keep it up Craig.....

Mike, walking has been key for me. I get up and walk in the dark (4:30 am) only about a mile, but pretty briskly since my knee and hip are doing much better with my lessened weight. It's all about getting a routine and sticking to it, the hard part is the sticking to it since most of us probably gained the excess pounds over years and years. I'm aiming for 180 as well, then my doctor said we'd talk about it.

He likes old people like me to have some "meat" on our bones in case we get sick.

Latest posts

Back