What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Restaurant Supply store. Got a wooden handled peel for $23 (48" handle) and 50 boxes (16 inchers) for $12. That is a dangerous store for sure. Oh and a pound of instant yeast for $3.99, and I'm not even a member (would be much cheaper if I paid the $50 for the membership).

It was actually incredibly juicy. I basted it the last hour with a butter/vinegar/brown sugar and pepper concoction. After cutting into it I had to clean my glasses from the juices hitting me in the face. The apple wood flavor was very good as well.

It was actually incredibly juicy. I basted it the last hour with a butter/vinegar/brown sugar and pepper concoction. After cutting into it I had to clean my glasses from the juices hitting me in the face. The apple wood flavor was very good as well.

I never cooked a whole chicken on the Weber, maybe my next project lol
How do you season it?

Tonight's fare continued the CSA theme: Salad (by Mrs. S_G) with arugula, radishes, radish greens, avocado, olives, preserved lemons and ho-made dressing; grilled corn-off-the-cob (butter, cumin, garlic scapes); grilled CSA asparagus; and that, my friends, is my first-ever Impossible Burger (after a couple of bites). Pretty darn good, really! It was just a tetch off in some unspecified ways, but pretty much just like any other burger you've had. Desert was grilled peaches with heavy cream. All washed down with a WE Eclipse Nebbiolo.

IMG_0575.jpg

Don't be silly! I need more hearty sustenance than that! So right now I am enjoying a full-bodied Belgian-style ale (Sprecher Abbey Triple, 8.4% ABV). It is practically a meal in itself!

Later, there might be some flesh of a steer heated over burning charcoal, along with shaved asparagus, maybe some roasted tubers, and perhaps some other victuals if I play my cards right!

Thankfully, Varis urged me to eat more food than the beer and wine I showed earlier. I decided on a grilled grass-fed ribeye, and grilled potatoes, along with some sauteed-then-braised Swiss chard. Mrs. S-G pitched in a salad of shaved, farm-fresh asparagus (EVOO, lemon juice, chives, parmigiano-reggiano).

IMG_0579.JPGIMG_0580.JPGIMG_0581.JPG

Those potatoes look fabulous, Paul. These last few months, we've rediscovered the humble potato. The kids, who previously wouldn't touch them unless it was French Fries or Tots, now request them and I'm on the lookout for different presentations.

Those potatoes look fabulous, Paul. These last few months, we've rediscovered the humble potato. The kids, who previously wouldn't touch them unless it was French Fries or Tots, now request them and I'm on the lookout for different presentations.

Okay, true confessions time. I could NEVER get my grilled potatoes to turn out well. Either burnt or underdone. I discovered that if I cooked 'em first in the microwave, then all I really needed to do was to get the surface crisped up.

So I took 4 medium potatotes, nuked them for 5 minutes, sliced them into 1/4" slices, tossed with some EVOO, and grilled. I seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning, and I don't honestly recall whether I did that before or after grilling.

Latest posts

Back