What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks, the charcoal (Kingsford professional brikets) is on coupon now at Costco, $6 off for the 2-bag pack. Each bag has 18lbs.
Price is $20.99 minus $6, so $15 plus tax.

I wonder if cheaper that the sale @Boatboy24 mentioned that usually happens Memorial Day weekend at Home Depot?charcoal.png

Last edited:
The Professional burns hotter and not as long in my experience. So if I use it and use the snake method in the kettle grill I make a longer thinner snake. Easy to maintain temps in the wind I'll say. Less ash went you're done as well.

Folks, the charcoal (Kingsford professional brikets) is on coupon now at Costco, $6 off for the 2-bag pack. Each bag has 18lbs.
Price is $20.99 minus $6, so $15 plus tax.

I wonder if cheaper that the sale @Boatboy24 mentioned that usually happens Memorial Day weekend at Home Depot?View attachment 61488

This is a slightly better price per pound than the HD and Lowe's deal. And this product is generally viewed as better than the 'regular' Kingsford. Better, cleaner burn and less ash.

Pizza night!

GF for my Son, using a GF flour from Italy, he loves the crust (plus I can make a crust for about $2 (normal store bought is $5-$8)).

5-22-20_pizza-1.jpg

Girls pizza - high gluten flour dough - KA Sir Lancelot - 14%+ gluten content - 475F convection oven.

5-22-20_pizza-2.jpg

Mine, all mine! Anchovy, onion and thick sliced mozzarella cheese - 525F convection oven.

5-22-20_pizza-3.jpg

Yum!

I'm still honing my ramen skills. Every batch of noodles gets better with the flavor and texture. This soup was made with a deeply flavored mushroom broth. The ramen tare seasoning added to the broth was Korean red pepper paste (gochujang), soy sauce, and a drop of rice vinegar. The flavoring oil was toasted sesame oil. I topped it with slightly sautéed cabbage and carrots, some green onions and cilantro. YUM! Just the perfect spice level and satisfying flavor.

FYI - for those who are interested, constructing a ramen bowl has several components:

1. The alkaline noodles
2. The soup broth - usually pork or chicken based, but mine is vegetarian.
3. The Tare - a spoonful of concentrated flavoring made of different things. Usually quite salty to season the soup, full of concentrated umami flavors. Shoyu ramen has a tare with several different soy sauces. Miso ramen would be flavored with miso. etc. etc. Ramen is usually not too acidic, so if any, only a slight splash of vinegar is typically used.
4. The aromatic oil. I used sesame oil but there are a variety of options. Oil made from fried shallots or onions, chili oil, etc.
5. The toppings. Traditional ramen usually has some kind of veg, some type of sliced pork, mushrooms, even sweet corn.

The bowl is prepared by putting a spoon of the Tare in the bottom of the bowl followed by a bit of the aromatic oil. The hot broth is added. The noodles are cooked in water, drained and added to the bowl. The toppings are placed on top and any garnishes are then added.

100474210_10102598320497029_2416497060569153536_o.jpg

I wonder if the kids sized sandwich is 1/2 the size of the "adult" sandwich? Its half the price. Wonder if they check ID to see if your really under 12........

I saw the price for a full rack of ribs.......... That's crazy and I don't think they cook all their meats for 14 hours. Especially not the ribs!

Made a loaf of light wheat bread for my youngest daughter. One cup of whole wheat flour, a little more than two cups of high gluten flour. Once in pan only a 30 minute rise and then 350 for 50 minutes until internal temp hit 200. I didn't add steroids if you are wondering.

5-23-20_bread.jpg

5-23-20_bread-2.jpg

Made a loaf of light wheat bread for my youngest daughter. One cup of whole wheat flour, a little more than two cups of high gluten flour. Once in pan only a 30 minute rise and then 350 for 50 minutes until internal temp hit 200. I didn't add steroids if you are wondering.

I think I found your bread, Craig. Compare:

View attachment 61539

Heading-AirbusBeluga-001.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back