What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did one a couple weeks back, I'm in the baby back rib mode right now, got a few racks in the freezer that will be thawed and cooked sometime in the next few days.......

I did some ribs a few days ago but decided to cook in the oven inside, cannot wait for temps up here to be warmer for longer cooks

I'm in the not quing line for a bit longer. SWMBO has deemed that my old grill will not go back on the new deck. I think the gray, tinge is rather a sign of a grill well taken care of, but what the heck do I know about much of anything.

Well all I have to say is good for you, congrats on whatever you get.

I did some ribs a few days ago but decided to cook in the oven inside, cannot wait for temps up here to be warmer for longer cooks

We're nearly in summer down here, my garden has been planted for two weeks and is growing well, temps near 90 most of last week, already had to do the lawn three times this year. Wish I could send you some of this warm weather in exchange for just a little bit of Spring!!

We're nearly in summer down here, my garden has been planted for two weeks and is growing well, temps near 90 most of last week, already had to do the lawn three times this year. Wish I could send you some of this warm weather in exchange for just a little bit of Spring!!

Ha, we're still seeing temps in the upper 30s, late tonight/early tomorrow I think it may dip below 30, yikes :-(

I'm in the not quing line for a bit longer. SWMBO has deemed that my old grill will not go back on the new deck. I think the gray, tinge is rather a sign of a grill well taken care of, but what the heck do I know about much of anything.

Scope Creep! But in a good way... 🎟

Have had a chuck roast on the Performer with low heat and some cherry and pecan for smoke for about an hour now. Will be taking it off in a few and making chili with it.

What's for breakfast? Pancakes and thick cut bacon. Made the wifey some pancakes which she devoured then went to bed for a four hour nap. Of course my boy got up early (for him) and proceeded to slam the front door on the way out to recycle something (argh). Will make her a chicken bacon swiss burger she can eat on the way in this afternoon. Looking us some curry recipes for some grilled chicken tonight. Yum!

4-4-20_pancakes.jpg
4-4-20_bacon.jpg

Snapped a couple pics last night, though not much to look at. The chuck was so good coming off the grill, I was tempted to just wrap it and finish in the oven for shredded beef sammies. Will have to get another and do that.9E11C66F-7D84-452C-BEC0-46EADF246691.jpegC43FE5A3-3397-4640-BB17-32ECE9C207CE.jpeg

Here are a few things I've made recently . . .

Homemade flour tortillas call for wet burritos from scratch.

I made Kimchi-jeon which is a savory Korean kimchi pancake. Yum!

Finally, I made Masala Dosa - this is a fermented rice/urad dal batter with potato masala inside. It is served with fresh coconut chutney and sambar.

tortilla-rolled.jpg

tortilla-cooked.jpg

burrito.jpg

kimchi-jeon.jpg

dosa.jpg

dosa-masala.jpg

sambar-spice.jpg

Latest posts

Back