What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer! Was talking with one of our daughters yesterday and she had to go to three different stores to find any chicken. She never did find any eggs. So I guess the chicken did come first in this instance.......

The one time I’m feeling good about succumbing to my wife campaigning for us to have pet chickens, we get 8 - 9 eggs a day from the girls.

Nothing too exciting here, but it's not like any of us have anything better to do (!), so here is tonight's fare.

Swiss chard (braised in commercial chix stock, marjoram and coriander); Brussels sprouts (charred, then braised with ho-made chix stock and freshened with rice vinegar); mushroom risotto (Carnaroli rice, 'shrooms, shallots, sherry, ho-made beef stock, Parmigiano Reggiano); and lamb shoulder chops (dry-brined then seared, with garlic and smoked paprika). All washed down with a 5-yr-old CC Showcase Amarone.

DSCN3620.jpg

Well, not exactly in the spirit of the High Holiday, but I've been working on a Bolognese this afternoon and just finished up a Harvest Bread with poolish. Carb coma coming soon...

Varis, looks good! You know what you should try once, to see if you like it? Take that veggie tray and cook it at 425F or so until you get a little char on the edges of the vegetables. I find it adds a wonderful layer of complexity.

Varis, looks good! You know what you should try once, to see if you like it? Take that veggie tray and cook it at 425F or so until you get a little char on the edges of the vegetables. I find it adds a wonderful layer of complexity.

For sure, will give it a try!
My older daughter cooked today and will tell her.

Living off what we have in the fridge and freezer........ LOL

Brisket Nacho's!

I froze the last leftovers of brisket after I got tired of eating BBQ a month or two back. Thawed out the leftovers and OMG fantastic! Washing down with some 80 proof Jack and diet Coke/lime to help keep lots of Ethanol in the passage ways!

fullsizeoutput_3f50.jpeg

Living off what we have in the fridge and freezer........ LOL

Brisket Nacho's!

I froze the last leftovers of brisket after I got tired of eating BBQ a month or two back. Thawed out the leftovers and OMG fantastic! Washing down with some 80 proof Jack and diet Coke/lime to help keep lots of Ethanol in the passage ways!

View attachment 59413

looks really good.

Back