What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you believe I found that here locally! Smith's Marketplace (Kroger) up in LA had about 18 bottles of it on the shelves. Between us and our BFF's it's all gone now. $9.99 a bottle with the 20% discount for 6. It's almost NZ Sauv Blanc in character.

8527.jpg

That EV SB didn't last too long in the cellar. :D

Second time making Cuban Picadillo. Made it once in SOCAL for 6 but tonight dinner for 2. Easy peasy to make. Just need the secret ingredient (Adobo seasoning). Some recipes call for raisins. Nope. LOL Olives, yes. Raisins, no.

fullsizeoutput_3ee2.jpeg

When its Friday. Your retired. And you have friends from down South (bringing more Pecan wood) coming to visit for the weekend. Costco Prime Beef Short Ribs!

I hope I can find something to pair with this bad boy.........

View attachment 57076

Yum!! I love a good batch of slow / low short ribs.........you got my brain working............

Making use of the leftover carcasses from last weekend's chicken dinner. Got some stock simmering now that'll be soup shortly. Perfect for the first night that we'll likely see the 30's this season.

It's 38 and snowing. I think this is the high for today as well as things will be going downhill from here. Seemed like a good day to make some Zuppa Toscana. Using ho-made italian sausage of course. Just need the salad and breadsticks and its an Olive Garden meal. LOL

zuppa-toscana-soup-header.jpg

Mike, what are the greens in your zuppa Toscana? Looks like Kale. Also, are there potatoes and cannelloni beans? Is it chicken stock based?

Looks like a great Fall-Winter meal with some good bread and wine!

Latest posts

Back