What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really windy day, warm but tough to keep the grill up to temperature. So took some Wiejska Kielbasa I made over the weekend and grilled/diced to make this casserole. Haven't dug in yet, but the kitchen smells pretty awesome! Made GF since my son just loves a good casserole.

2-21-23_kielbasa-casserole.jpg

Loosely followed: Three-Cheese Kielbasa Bake

Really windy day, warm but tough to keep the grill up to temperature. So took some Wiejska Kielbasa I made over the weekend and grilled/diced to make this casserole. Haven't dug in yet, but the kitchen smells pretty awesome! Made GF since my son just loves a good casserole.

View attachment 98795

Loosely followed: Three-Cheese Kielbasa Bake
No doubt that's low calorie too, right? :h

Watch it, I think I would be much slimmer if I drank more wine and made less bbq, but what fun would that be?
I recently made a post that the reason I am in mexico is to celebrate the recovery I have made after finding a program to remove all the sensitivities I have been dealing with due to 15 years of Lyme disease. Along with gluten, dairy and the standard ones most deal with, beef, scotch/whiskey, and smoked foods have been the big ones I haven't been able to touch for Five years.

I was just getting good at smoking using a gas BBQ and was considering what to buy vs build in the backyard when I had to eliminate them all.

Likely why I am having so much fun with the Weber down here, but now I am very hung ho to jump in deep when I get back. Gonna have to reign it in and try not to smoke everything I can get my hands on. You guys and your brisket pics have been torturing me.

My neighbour is also from Alberta. He was lighting his charcoal bbq and I heard a blower start. I thought I had totally missed something in my Weber kettle experience. Turns out we choose gas because you can still work it at -20 and have different learning curves. His choice involved running upstairs to get the hair dryer. 🤣

Thursday night.........

Ho-made pizza night!

Mrs. IB said this was TBCE! (The Best Crust Ever) which she has been saying a LOT as of late. Same recipe as B4 but this time I mixed it up the night B4 and let it ride at room temp all night and all day today. Really nice chew, THIN crust. Just a really nice pie and not heavy in the least. The sauce was also Ho-made from San Marzano maters, fresh basil etc.

IMG_9190.jpeg

Telchac Puerto is a fishing community. Not like we would think fishing, but hard work, dig your feet in, get your bait in the evening to head out pole fishing first thing in the morning. Old school fishing.

Up until recently the restaurants all had the same menu, very traditional Mayan cuisine. Recently they have been getting more creative and also offering a little familiarity to the gringos. French fries! 😄

I was reading a restaurant review that slammed them for not having Pescado Fritas, claiming it was the traditional/quintessential port town food. A must have on any menu. Every time I tried to order it I was given a look and warned it was huge. They all spread their arms 1 1/2 to 2 feet apart. Having limped out of a few places that didn't offer a portion warning I took it serious and changed my order.

Whether it was snapper vs grouper, I dunno, but today the server brought me a grouper to inspect. I said let's go for it.

You know I don't shy away from different, but this was truly very good, and now off my bucket list.
PXL_20230224_191923215.jpg
The glory shot. :p

PXL_20230224_191927817.jpg

A little work to avoid bones, but all in all an enjoyable lunch.

There may have been margaritas beyond the camera angle...

PXL_20230224_193542526.jpg

Ran out of pizza sauce last night so making up a new batch. I just toss it in a Tupperware container and freeze it between making pies. So easy and delicious even a caveman could make it!

View attachment 98860
Definitely easy to run out!
Each year I can marinara sauce, a Rotel copycat, salsa, and always extra pizza sauce.

Tuscan Salmon. Pan seared salmon, then in the pan cooked garlic, onions, sun dried tomato and spinach in cream and Parmesano Reggiano. Over Arborio rice. I could have made a better presentation, but it was as good as I hoped. Paired with WE dry creek Chardonnay. View attachment 98869
Looks Mclovely!

Recipe?

Tuscan Salmon. Pan seared salmon, then in the pan cooked garlic, onions, sun dried tomato and spinach in cream and Parmesano Reggiano. Over Arborio rice. I could have made a better presentation, but it was as good as I hoped. Paired with WE dry creek Chardonnay. View attachment 98869

Latest posts

Back