What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter and I are stuck home alone like we normally are on Fridays, so I asked her if she wanted a stromboli or pizza, she opted for a pizza. Used some 00 flour to make a Neopolitan like pizza (pizza steel only hits 575 at most), used 70% hydration since it takes so long to cook (7 to 10 min) from doughs I started yesterday. She had a plain pizza w/cheese, I had a margarita pizza. Yum, and it warmed up the kitchen (front just went through, temps dropping with a wicked wind).

2-17-23_pizza-1.jpg

2-17-23_pizza-2.jpg

Had a taste for a Chipotle burrito. Didn't feel like driving.
Pulled beef brisket from the freezer and made beef barbacoa. One of my better concoctions. Incredible flavor with six peppers - ancho, arbol, taviche, guajillo, teco yero, and a full can of chipotles in adobo sauce. Ground cloves added a nice touch. I even made some cilantro rice.

barbacoa1.jpg

I really suck at folding a burrito, though.

barbacoa2.jpg barbacoa3.jpg

You sure that's your pizza cuz there's no little fishies on it! LOL

My daughter and I are stuck home alone like we normally are on Fridays, so I asked her if she wanted a stromboli or pizza, she opted for a pizza. Used some 00 flour to make a Neopolitan like pizza (pizza steel only hits 575 at most), used 70% hydration since it takes so long to cook (7 to 10 min) from doughs I started yesterday. She had a plain pizza w/cheese, I had a margarita pizza. Yum, and it warmed up the kitchen (front just went through, temps dropping with a wicked wind).

View attachment 98683

View attachment 98684

You sure that's your pizza cuz there's no little fishies on it! LOL
I've gained almost 30 lbs in 2 years, most of it is pizza (the rest is beer), so I need to make the leftovers appetizing to the rest of the household, lol. Two pieces of the margarita and one of the plain cheese disappeared after I went to bed last night, so that's a good thing.

Working on a batch of Wiejska Kielbasa w/marjoram, need to decide if I cook fresh and/or cold or hot smoke later. Decisions, decisions...

Oh, and a small pork butt on the Weber kettle (using the snake method).

2-18-23_pork.jpg

Last edited:
I've gained almost 30 lbs in 2 years, most of it is pizza (the rest is beer), so I need to make the leftovers appetizing to the rest of the household, lol. Two pieces of the margarita and one of the plain cheese disappeared after I went to bed last night, so that's a good thing.

Working on a batch of Wiejska Kielbasa w/marjoram, need to decide if I cook fresh and/or cold or hot smoke later. Decisions, decisions...

Oh, and a small pork butt on the Weber kettle (using the snake method).

View attachment 98713
Snake method.. Guess I'm going to BBQ school.

Snake method.. Guess I'm going to BBQ school.
Just search it on the internet where everything is correct and true, lol. You set up a strip, maybe two briquets wide by two tall, around the edge of your grill (Weber kettle for me). Can put a few pieces of smoking wood along the snake on top. I put a rectangular foil pan with some liquid in the middle, then you light 10 or so briquets and once going well place them at one end of the snake. It should slowly burn along the path that you put the briquets on the outside and keep you from adding charcoal every hour, plus keeps the temps lower which is good for things like brisket and pork butts that need to go low and slow.

Here's an example I just searched for

Hope that helps!

Just search it on the internet where everything is correct and true, lol. You set up a strip, maybe two briquets wide by two tall, around the edge of your grill (Weber kettle for me). Can put a few pieces of smoking wood along the snake on top. I put a rectangular foil pan with some liquid in the middle, then you light 10 or so briquets and once going well place them at one end of the snake. It should slowly burn along the path that you put the briquets on the outside and keep you from adding charcoal every hour, plus keeps the temps lower which is good for things like brisket and pork butts that need to go low and slow.

Here's an example I just searched for

Hope that helps!

Sounds like I've got another purchase coming up.. And, that quite possibly BBQ could be my new wine making.

Sounds like I've got another purchase coming up.. And, that quite possibly BBQ could be my new wine making.
I think you could apply the concept to about any charcoal grill. The round kettle though is a perfect fit.

Watch it, I think I would be much slimmer if I drank more wine and made less bbq, but what fun would that be?

Latest posts

Back