What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too early for exciting pictures.. Sweet and sour meatballs tonight, and plenty of leftovers for other dishes.

Tip of the day.. You see how clean that stove glass is?

Wood stove ash. Nothing cleans your wood stove or oven glass cleaner! View attachment 96557

Vinny… I just tried that yesterday for S&G, that is Bon-kers… never heard of it before but it’s clear as the day we bought it. Crazy…

Was invited to the home of a nice work acquaintance of my wife for "dinner." I am pretty sure that is what I was told. We had cheese and crackers, a couple of olives, and some salami slices cut into quarters. And nothing else (except the wine!). We did have a lovely conversation, in which she casually mentioned that she doesn't really cook, and doesn't eat very much.

So, on the way home, we stopped at Culver's for a Butterburger! :)
Friends, hubby and I go out for dinner with invited us to their home for the first time for drinks and noshes, then served a home cooked dinner. Since we weren’t expecting dinner we had a light meal before going.

Resting before finishing with dough?

I have only had Wellington once. I made it. There is so much going on that although I enjoyed it, I know I wasn't appreciating it for all that it was. I should add it to the revisit list. These are the type of dish you need to develop an appreciation for.
Yes, the recipe suggested to it up a put it in the fridge could be done the night before, also wrap it up again after applying the pastry… It’s in the oven now and it taking longer than expected. I’m glad I’m not cooking this for company, LOL.

View attachment 96766View attachment 96767View attachment 96768
Over cooked, but tasty Wellington, creamed onion, roasted veggies, garlic dill potatoes roasted in duck fat and a popover.
You can push well done JUST a smidge more, not ruined, but still well in the enjoyment zone.

Your 'popover' looks an awful lot like the Yorkshires I had as a wee lad. A splash of gravy and I would have rated this a full drool, but still looks like a merry old wine... Sorry, time. A merry old time.

Latest posts

Back