What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our son broke in his new grill, forcing his mother & I to suffer through ribyeye, mashed potatoes, and salad, served with a Shiraz he made a few years ago.

ribeye.jpg

We don't peel potatoes. Scrub 'em, cube 'em, boil 'em, and mash 'em with the skins. He sauted garlic in butter, added milk, and used that cream the potatoes, then added cream cheese. Low fat, it wasn't .....

Went a searching for guanciale yesterday after work. No traditional Italian food shop within easy driving distance I'm aware of, so headed to the local farmers market, a few meat perveyors have stalls there. Didn't find any guanciale, but did find some home made bucatini pasta. Made up my best knock off of guanciale all'amatriciana w/o guanciale. Used some uncured pancetta and fatty bacon from a local butcher in town. Did over sauce it a bit, but hit the spot, served with some kale/onions/bacon on the side, yum!

10-7-22_dinner-1.jpg

10-7-22_dinner-2.jpg

Pastrami on rye for lunch, found chicken wings for $1.99/lb for dinner. They've been $3.99+ per pound all summer 'round here.

Went a searching for guanciale yesterday after work. No traditional Italian food shop within easy driving distance I'm aware of, so headed to the local farmers market, a few meat perveyors have stalls there. Didn't find any guanciale, but did find some home made bucatini pasta. Made up my best knock off of guanciale all'amatriciana w/o guanciale. Used some uncured pancetta and fatty bacon from a local butcher in town. Did over sauce it a bit, but hit the spot, served with some kale/onions/bacon on the side, yum!

View attachment 93793

View attachment 93794

Pastrami on rye for lunch, found chicken wings for $1.99/lb for dinner. They've been $3.99+ per pound all summer 'round here.

I am very fortunate to have an Italian grocer near me that always stocks guanciale. :db: Glorioso's Italian Market

Steaks and chicken wings. I was going to make mojo pork but I got frostbite going through the tons of frozen mango looking for the pork but that wasn’t there. Almost time to make some straight mango wine with only a drop or 2 of water

Looking like rain. I guess we’ll see how the roof patches hold up
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back