What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comfort food dinner at it's finest, Lori made the meatloaf, I made the potatoes but the star of the show was the Caesar Salad Dressing Green Bean salad. We followed the recipe exactly from Cooks Kitchen I believe and it was flat out awesome. Trust me, if you give this a shot you'll have to add it to your "impress your guests" list. Link below.

Meatloaf.jpg

Comfort food dinner at it's finest, Lori made the meatloaf, I made the potatoes but the star of the show was the Caesar Salad Dressing Green Bean salad. We followed the recipe exactly from Cooks Kitchen I believe and it was flat out awesome. Trust me, if you give this a shot you'll have to add it to your "impress your guests" list. Link below.
I can't find it online, but I have a 2016 Grilling magazine by them (we used to print most things for them) that has a Grilled Caesar salad recipe that uses an almost identical dressing recipe as the one you posted (a little less garlic, still no egg). It is a killer recipe, plus you get to grill the romaine lettuce halves. Never thought of doing it with green beans, might even get the teenagers to eat those!

https://www.cookingmamas.com/?s=green+bean+caesar

I can't find it online, but I have a 2016 Grilling magazine by them (we used to print most things for them) that has a Grilled Caesar salad recipe that uses an almost identical dressing recipe as the one you posted (a little less garlic, still no egg). It is a killer recipe, plus you get to grill the romaine lettuce halves. Never thought of doing it with green beans, might even get the teenagers to eat those!

No, I meant the romaine lettuce version....

Trying to eat something healthy for my upcoming blood work (cramming I guess). Storms blew through then the sun came out, so grilled up a tuna steak, put half on a salad and kept half for tomorrow's lunch. Yum!

Edit: dressing (not shown) was Blue cheese, but not the homade stuff...settled for Marie's, needs some more chunks of BC.

7-5-22_tuna-salad.jpg

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/marcela-valladolid/grilled-caesar-salad-3772100

No, I meant the romaine lettuce version....

Trying to eat something healthy for my upcoming blood work (cramming I guess). Storms blew through then the sun came out, so grilled up a tuna steak, put half on a salad and kept half for tomorrow's lunch. Yum!

Edit: dressing (not shown) was Blue cheese, but not the homade stuff...settled for Marie's, needs some more chunks of BC.

View attachment 90296

Playing around a little. First time making gravlax. Served it on greens with asparagus, avocado, and avocado lime wasabi sauce. A little basil balsamic dressing for the greens and a sweet soy wasabi dipping sauce that didn't make the pic.

Pretty tasty.. I look forward to a seeing what I can do with the rest.

IMG_20220705_184743.jpg

I wanted to go out tonight, but Mrs WM81 overruled me -- replacing a bathroom light was the afternoon's agenda, and she figured it would take longer than it should. Yup, she was right -- I had to significantly modify the baseplate to get it to fit the existing electrical box in the wall. It wasn't difficult, but it took an extra hour to make it happen. On the plus side, Mrs WM81 is very pleased!

Funny, for me, it's when a project goes long that we go out for dinner! :) I.e., it got too late to cook, let's go out instead.

Not a great sear on the tuna
I'm odd on this topic -- I don't care for seared tuna. I like it raw or cooked medium, but not in between. But I agree with @geek, I could go for tuna tonight ...

Mrs WM81 asked for chicken and dumplings, so I'll just have to console myself with it. ;)

Rain close, but not close enough. Pesky small cell just south of us all afternoon/evening. Fortunately moving slowly south and east.

So I could start up some apple wood and cook some marinated chicken for fajitas. Turned out well and very easy for a Friday dinner (easy button, I'd say).

Yum!

Craig

7-8-22_fajitas-1.jpg

7-8-22_fajitas-2.jpg

All of the major food groups. Veggies, blue cheese, quesadilla, blue cheese, beer.

Back