What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had taken a pic as this came off the grill :slp

Star of the show was a butterflied leg of lamb, which I marinated with garlic, EVOO, and rosemary (and S&P, natch); grilled on hot direct heat for 3-4 minutes per side, then another 10 minutes on indirect. Lovely and scrumptious, and it would have been photogenic. :) Served with sauteed shiitake mushrooms and red onions; sauteed/braised okra, onions, garlic, and tomatoes; boiled turnip greens with sauteed garlic; and steamed/roasted artichokes. Everything was tasty.

IMG_3626.JPG

I don't have a picture of the full meal. Here is two quartered chickens coming off the grill. (I am visiting relatives, so it was a gas grill.) Marinated in soy, lemon, garlic, vinegar, herbs, etc., and came out very tasty. Also had potatoes and sweet potatoes roasted on the grill; salad with lettuce from the garden; grilled ribs of Swiss chard stuffed with goat cheese; and broccoli with a lemon/butter/caper/garlic sauce.

IMG_3629.JPG

I thought I’d share some of my meals from Luxembourg, Germany and Belgium the last 2 weeks
Scampi Tagliatelle

8064A679-78DF-4E46-90E0-43825FB12E35.jpeg
Canard(duck) 3 ways
20EA3E1F-95CB-4377-8D25-A58C70398278.jpeg
Schnitzel with champiognoins
8AA0044C-2DC3-4260-8D4C-A91E003A35A7.jpeg
Found real Mexicsn food in Lux City. Pork Pastor

845056AF-0C07-42F4-91FA-78C3C4DFCDDC.jpeg
Bratwurst
9EDBB708-232B-4F88-B93C-220073D1C1CB.jpeg
And a breakfast. Pain au chocolate on the left. I’m going to try to make them at home
76B4B55C-F656-4D85-923A-33C7336EFBBE.jpeg.

Good to have time for a change to cook and surf. Image just before the wrap. These sawdust burners are really easy. Set and forget. Only issue is the Pit Boss is set at 250, the inkbird hits 300 occasionally. Fine with me, will be happy if it gets to 200 a little early. Need daylight to go fly fishing later!

6-13-2022_pork-3.jpg

Good to have time for a change to cook and surf. Image just before the wrap. These sawdust burners are really easy. Set and forget. Only issue is the Pit Boss is set at 250, the inkbird hits 300 occasionally. Fine with me, will be happy if it gets to 200 a little early. Need daylight to go fly fishing later!

View attachment 89512

Craig you have a pellet stove?

BBQ chicken tonight. BBQ baste recipe is from when my Mom was stationed in Texas during her years in the service (way before I came on the scene). Vinegar base w/lemons, butter, onions, ketchup and a bunch of other stuff. Need to baste later in the cook as there is some sugar in it and it will burn!

6-15-22_bbq-chicken.jpg

Well.. The last 24 hours has been hard rain. Had to fire up the wood stove today to cut the chill and push out the moisture. Great inspiration for a warm oven and some good old comfort food

Braised chicken thighs in mushroom sauce.

IMG_20220615_183050.jpg
IMG_20220615_183140.jpg
I expect it will be accompanied by mashed potatoes and pickled beets at a minimum.

Grill night! Had a guest, too. so plenty of food. Two pork tenderloins marinated in soy/EVOO/apple cider vinegar/garlic, then grilled direct + indirect, and served with a chimichurri sauce. Grilled asparagus with herbs. Green beans were parboiled, then grilled with onions, and sauced with bleu cheese. Cannellini beans with parsley, garlic, and EVOO. Sauteed escarole with plenty of Vitamin G and EVOO!

IMG_3639.JPGIMG_3638.JPG

When in NM.........

Green Chile Bacon Cheeseburger with a Huevo on top!

View attachment 89610

For some reason that picture brought to mind:
Never eat anything bigger than your head, never shoot pool at a place called Pop's, never eat food at a place called Mom's, and never shoot pool with a guy named after a city or a state. (There are often other things added to that, Never sleep with a woman with more problems than you, never pet a burning dog, never play leapfrog with a unicorn, Never play cards with someone who knows better and you don't... Probably more.

Back